Why Do Stihl Saws Cost SO Much More?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to chuckle at the brand wars a pro saw is a pro saw
I also chuckle at the neo Luddites can anyone honestly say that they wish their vehicle had breaker point ignition and carburetor other than for nostalgia , its cool if you like "old" stuff just don't try and convince others that your personal preference is better in any thing other than feels ..

learn the strengths and weakness of the tools YOU USE and you will get the most out of them

I am not good at it ( to my level of liking ) bu the most important tool in woodcutting is a file :)

Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge, vs Nissan vs whatever they all have their pros and cons they all pretty much do the same thing.
A 50CC saw is pretty much a 50cc saw , a 60cc, ect all
I like huskies I have no problem using whatever
Buy the tool that works for you and that you like ...... longevity may or may not be a plus depending on your business model.

I have to chuckle at the brand wars a pro saw is a pro saw
I also chuckle at the neo Luddites can anyone honestly say that they wish their vehicle had breaker point ignition and carburetor other than for nostalgia , its cool if you like "old" stuff just don't try and convince others that your personal preference is better in any thing other than feels ..

learn the strengths and weakness of the tools YOU USE and you will get the most out of them

I am not good at it ( to my level of liking ) bu the most important tool in woodcutting is a file :)

Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge, vs Nissan vs whatever they all have their pros and cons they all pretty much do the same thing.
A 50CC saw is pretty much a 50cc saw , a 60cc, ect all
I like huskies I have no problem using whatever
Buy the tool that works for you and that you like ...... longevity may or may not be a plus depending on your business model.
I'm not sure where you come from thinking you can bring facts into a conversation :laughing:.
I like huskies
What I heard :rolleyes: :numberone:.

Since I am new I figured a 1:5 ratio of thought out posts to **** post would be a good starting ratio I will flip that ratio around soon

It's not hard to do just speak your mind and a war will start lol. I say stuff I didn't think would raise an eyebrow and get into long conversations that go no where.

Pick up the saws and try them in your hands, Then ask the dealer about the specs, does He know what he is talking about? does he stock common parts? Do the guys in the back that fix them know what they are doing ask a lot of questions? What do you really need? It is nice to have a 90cc saw but it is much easier to handle a 70cc saw etc... buy a little more than you need and buy a longer bar and a shorter bar, that way you will be good if you have to knock down a big one. Most Dealers will barter but you have to be a good customer and support them if you want a good deal.

I was going to say i love husky flippy caps
I got doused with gas and oil on a fire due to stihl flippy's .... The husky's won't flip down unless there is a seal vs the stihl ..

I have noticed a few things about Stihl saws that may bump their
st. They tend to design simple things with too many parts to make them work, such as the chain brake mechanism, the chain tensioner, and the pull cord cranks. These also have trouble after awhile and require repairs.

If the germans designed a anvil it would have 9 moving parts and require calibration 2x a day it would be a very good anvil no doubt but the germans tend to over complex engineering

So your saw lost both caps, and lit a a Zippo?
Nope it just pissed all over me because the flippies were down but they were not locked .. No fire just greasy back and impromptu shower lmao .. Point is you cant flip the husky flippys down unless there is a positive seal

Other point I am not,blaming stihl lol I double check the caps on every brand of,saw now before throwing it on the shoulder ...

One of those learning moments where you go that could have gone really bad glad it didn't perhaps next time I should engage my brain

Latest posts

Back