Why does my saw cut curved?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only noticed the curved cut with the last chain, I got at Menards, I think an Oregon. None the chains have been sharpened. But I have filed the bar to remove the burrs.

That's a far cry from:
It always cuts left.

If you have been running dull chains (it sounds as though you have) long enough to cause burrs on the bar, the rails are quite possibly uneven. From the sounds of it, you should let a qualified repair person take care of the problem for you.

What would you want a picture of.... Cisco in a bikini?

YOUR CHAIN's......and Bar.....
and I have had the privlage of meeting Cisco's Wife and even let her cut some wood with my saw hehehehe Hi Samantha :)

Scott

Last edited:
It curves left cutting up too, even though I don't do as long of cuts that way. I will just buy a new OEM bar and chain.

That can't be Cisco's wife, wives don't look like that. And if they did, do you think he would put her photo here for us pigs to view?

from a chain site.

The time to have your chain professionally ground is when you find that as you cut through the timber the cut curves right or left. This is usually because the filing angles on your right and left cutters are uneven, making your saw cut with a bias. The most usual cause is when you accidentally hit some abrasive material with one side of the saw.

:D Al

yeaaaaa

It curves left cutting up too, even though I don't do as long of cuts that way. I will just buy a new OEM bar and chain.

That can't be Cisco's wife, wives don't look like that. And if they did, do you think he would put her photo here for us pigs to view?

I did dude...

On a serious note. Sometimes the ergonomics of the saw take getting used to. That can cause you to cut crooked. I know going from the stihls to huskys with that angled handle I did it till I got used to it... Maybe operator error. Lets also make sure he's not using a Dremel to sharpen or something like that...

:popcorn:

I found a broken tooth on chain, would that do it?

I bought a new Oregon 20" bar .325-78 DK .050 gauge. So will any 20" chain with a .325 pitch and 78 links, .050 gauge, work?

I found a broken tooth on chain, would that do it?

I bought a new Oregon 20" bar .325-78 DK .050 gauge. So will any 20" chain with a .325 pitch and 78 links, .050 gauge, work?

One broken tooth on one side would not cause your chain to run either side but if you have a broken tooth on a new chain there must be damage to the other teeth or cutters from hitting some foreign material and a thorough sharpening and resizing of the cutters is required to make the chain cut straight. IMO.
PIONEERGUY600

Latest posts

Back