Why/how does it get this bad?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's kinda hard on my diesel :laughing:. Although I have heard of some doing this during the cold months, cheaper than those magic specialty bottles:innocent: .
Another reason my gas dually was a good buy. I get some weird looks from all the soccer moms when I pull up to the pumps at Costco lol.

Looks like ethanol fuel damage.
i see the Biden Administration has now approved E15 gasohol (15% ethanol) to try to tame fuel Bidenflation.

YAY!

By the time summer is over, we'll be burning the slop leftover after distilling ethanol (currently used to feed hogs) in our engines. YAY! Got rust?

Place that I get REC-90 eFree has filler on seperate side all by itself. The other half of the pump has 1-hose for ultra, super, reg. I suspect there are 2-seperate pumps. As a home owner I'm not burning through tons of gas and although not the norm, I've gotten as little as 2gal before. Imagine if that came all from 1-hose with eFuel? What would 2gallons end up being e5%

take away the subsidy on ethanol( the large corporations running farms make a lot of money off this) and it wood vanish quickly.
diesel vs gas well my gasser( f350) only got 8 mpg in town and my oil burner F250 gets 15 mpg, hwy 10 for gas 20 mpg for oil. Those V10's were/are thirsty critters.

diesel vs gas well my gasser( f350) only got 8 mpg in town and my oil burner F250 gets 15 mpg, hwy 10 for gas 20 mpg for oil. Those V10's were/are thirsty critters.
Yep. On its best days, my F-150 gasser (5.4 liter) gets 17 mpg.
My F-250 with the 7.3 liter PowerStroke diesel gets 25 mpg on the highway, and AVERAGES 20 mpg (and that figure is calculated from the total fuel I've burned since I got it -- 440 gallons, 8810 miles).

i see the Biden Administration has now approved E15 gasohol (15% ethanol) to try to tame fuel Bidenflation.

YAY!

By the time summer is over, we'll be burning the slop leftover after distilling ethanol (currently used to feed hogs) in our engines. YAY! Got rust?
That appears to be just one more thing the Biden administration knows nothing about...cars fueled with higher percentage alcohol tend to get worse mileage so you don't gain anything in cost per mile driven. Electric cars, which they are touting but not driving, are okay if you don't drive long distances and have a charger at your home.

I finally got around to making the 40 mile round trip today to pick up 5 gallons of 90 octane non-ethanol gas for my saws and weed eaters. Cost was around $25 and I had about a squirt left to put in my truck. It was actually a bit cheaper than I figured on..

That appears to be just one more thing the Biden administration knows nothing about...cars fueled with higher percentage alcohol tend to get worse mileage so you don't gain anything in cost per mile driven. Electric cars, which they are touting but not driving, are okay if you don't drive long distances and have a charger at your home.
Yes and there are many cars on the road where the manufacturers do not recommend using E15.

I have ran into that several times.ine was so bad that it ate all the way through the aluminum where the main jet is. Diesels get pretty nasty as well. I aquired a yanmar 5500 diesel generator. Guy said it wasn't sitting for that long. Well it sat long enough for the diesel to go bad and turn to varnish. There was 3/8" of varnish in the tank. The injector pump and injector were clogged shut. The guy didn't want to spend the money on it. So I fixed it and it works great. Also for everyone, e85 gas work good for a parts cleaner. I used it in the tank. Let it sit overnight and sloshed it around and it looked like new.

one hose /3 selections? Now I know nothing about the internals of gas station pumps. Doubt that there are 3 pumps. so one pump + piping = how much ethanol laced fuel are you getting when selecting non ethanol? Think about it. The way I do it is to keep the first gallon or so divided from the rest of the purchase, don't know if this works, never tried to test it.

the way, i read somewhere, is that the refineries are not the place the ethanol is introduced/mixed but at the distribution centers.
Our KwikTrip stations have dedicated hoses for each type of fuel , Holiday stations use only one nozzle for all. Don't know about the pumps that supply.

There's a bit of gas in the hose before the pump starts pumping. I tried it out today and got about a cup of gas before I pulled the trigger on the pump, so if it hadn't been a dedicated pump I would have probably gotten a cup of ethanol before the real gas came out.

Our gas stations here all have one hose for the different games. I always pump 3 gallon into my truck before I fill up my cans with 91 non ethanol. That it clears out all gas in the hose.

YAY!

The ethanol market is tight as it is and RINS credits are ridiculously expensive. 15% will not only drive fuel higher, it will also drive corn higher which will intern drive food prices higher.
The politicians that dreamt this up should fave a firing squad!

The ethanol market is tight as it is and RINS credits are ridiculously expensive. 15% will not only drive fuel higher, it will also drive corn higher which will intern drive food prices higher.
The politicians that dreamt this up should fave a firing squad!
Even Obama said it: "Never underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F things up."

Ethanol attracts moisture, alcohol portion vaporizes leaving a deposit behind ( plugs tiny passages) which likes moisture also. hence corrosion sets in + the attack on plastics/ rubber compounds. the big shots havent done any any favors on diesel fuel either- sulfer is a lubricant, so your Hp pump and injectors suffer.

Last time I seen something this bad was a wheel horse 1054 that sat in a headrow for 15 years. It actually rotted the aluminum off the carb to the point where anything below the fuel level in the carb was gone and the main laid in the bowl.

Latest posts

Back