Why I prefer a 460 over a 660 90% of the time.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sumbody say sumfing bout a freeseventytoo ? :laugh:

No really, Im a fan of a hot 70cc saw just a much as any one else. The weight difference alone is an obvious winner for me. I may get beat up over it, but I firmly believe that a good strong 066/660 would get right with a 460 or a 372 either one....no matter the wood size. Gear a strong 066/660 up in small wood, and it should have enough power to still come out on top. Not saying I can build a 066/660 that will, but I've ran a few that would. No replacement for displacement.

Sumbody say sumfing bout a freeseventytoo ? :laugh:

No really, Im a fan of a hot 70cc saw just a much as any one else. The weight difference alone is an obvious winner for me. I may get beat up over it, but I firmly believe that a good strong 066/660 would get right with a 460 or a 372 either one....no matter the wood size. Gear a strong 066/660 up in small wood, and it should have enough power to still come out on top. Not saying I can build a 066/660 that will, but I've ran a few that would. No replacement for displacement.

Pretty much agree on that Durand, but Tree Monkey and Copsey, Maybe a few others, are getting so much out of those 7900's that they were pulling neck and neck with the ported 660/066 at the Kentucky gtg in that 30" cant so that's kind of thrown me for a loop! Itching to see if they can still do it in 36 inch wood of bigger. Now back to my toilet water :)

Pretty much agree on that Durand, but Tree Monkey and Copsey, Maybe a few others, are getting so much out of those 7900's that they were pulling neck and neck with the ported 660/066 at the Kentucky gtg in that 30" cant so that's kind of thrown me for a loop! Itching to see if they can still do it in 36 inch wood of bigger. Now back to my toilet water :)

Toilet water eh? :laugh::laugh: Must be that lemon stuff...... ;)

Yeah I agree Jon, the Green Machine of Jd's was one impressive saw!!!!:rock:

Back