Why I will never buy Stihl again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Jeez people. Who want's a link to my google calendar so they can see my work schedules? Seriously. I do work 6am to 6pm at one job. I also work 9am to 9pm at another. I also work 7am to 7am with some time to sleep sometimes depending on work load. The whole schedule rotates. Today, I work until 7am tomrrow morning. Then I go to the job where I work 9am to 9pm. I go home, sleep, then work 6am to 6pm the next day. Finally, that brings us back to the job where I work 7am to 7am. In addition, all of these jobs do not have a specified lunch break where I can leave. I am lucky if I ever have a day off. It also changes from time to time. Next week is is a little different. I don't work next Sunday. I don't know of any dealers open on Sunday. The rest of the time they are open 9am to 6pm at best. If you can find holes in my schedule then let me know. I would be excited because that would mean I have a day off I didn't know about.

I didn't feel it was necessary to go into detail about my work schedule. I don't think that information makes me a good or bad saw user either. I hope you also can see how hard it is to get to my original dealer during their hours. I thought it would be much easier to have someone cover me for a few minutes while I drove the 2 miles to the closest shop to my job. After all, they are a dealer too.

I only had 1 W2 job last year and a small business that was doing ok. Now we are pretty much out of business. The shop by my house is only about 10 minutes away. It was much easier to go there last year since I was home more often.

I don't know what other "holes in the story" people are talking about. Yeah, I did say I would never buy Stihl again and then bought Stihl again. I got PO'd by a "dealer" who had more accusations and arrogance than anyone would care for. I think I will get the product support by sticking with my hometown guy regardless of the inconvenience.

I know you all deal with a bunch of morons more often than not. I don't have a bunch of stars next to my name or a long signature of the 10 different chainsaws I have. I am not a small engine technician either. I am just a hard working guy with a saw that didn't last a year. I didn't cut any corners. I didn't screw up the mixture. I didn't forget oil. I didn't loan it out. I didn't use stale gas. I didn't let it sit all winter without using it. I always swapped out chains when they began get dull. It didn't show signs of running poorly until it quit at idle a couple times. It never started again for me after that. I really want to know if I did something wrong because I would've been doing it wrong for years. I also don't care to blow up another saw if it was something I did.

Has everyone had their Midol® yet? :greenchainsaw:

But seriously, fpc. That is quite a schedule yer keeping. Hope you git sum rest in there. I heard a story about airline pilots having to fly these terrible schedules, and not having sufficient time to rest. FLyin' a plane would be kind of like running a chainsaw, but more people are affected by it.

I remember once I had a car stolen out of my driveway. I found it around the corner, missing several valuable items. It had a yellow canoe strapped to teh top, and the cop who took the report drove right by it without noticing..... (d-uhhhh). When they came again, because I had been in the glove box looking for something that was in fact stolen, those a$$holes took me to the station and interrogated me like I was a f###ing criminal. Looking for "holes" in my "story." Man, I was pi$$ed. Nothing I could do. The hard part was that the main protagonista on that deal was a gorgeous young blonde (who certainly knew enough karate to kill me if she wanted), which made it harder still to take. A real cu#†, that one. Sometimes feces occurs. Good luck, man.

Last edited:
Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
VD
Crustaceans may or may not be involved with the VD
Insults-see crustaceans
Massive amounts of passive aggressive posting and some straight forward aggressive posting.
Wee bit o the post o the sarcasm.
Trucks that sound broken
ETC., all for a 290 Stihl rant. I did not read all this thread because of the previously mentioned items and VD can be spread though the Internet as this thread has proved.

Anyhow OP listen carefully to how the 361 runs, if it changes at all stop running it and take it back to VBs. I hope you got a tag from the place that sent your saw to the distributors. I hope the distributor is quicker than usual.

If you are buying fuel at the UDF/Marathon station on Powell road check the bottom of your gas jug for crap. There was supposedly some issues a long while back, I quit fueling there, my cars or company trucks. Had the best results from the BP or Shell on Sawmill if they are still there. Powell used to have enough wealthy folks that the premium tanks were refilled regularly. I would ask a station manager if you get a chance, things there had changed a lot last time I was there.

Good luck with the 361.

Maldeney

Maldeney

ArboristSite Guru
Jeez people. Who want's a link to my google calendar so they can see my work schedules? Seriously. I do work 6am to 6pm at one job. I also work 9am to 9pm at another. I also work 7am to 7am with some time to sleep sometimes depending on work load. The whole schedule rotates. Today, I work until 7am tomrrow morning. Then I go to the job where I work 9am to 9pm. I go home, sleep, then work 6am to 6pm the next day. Finally, that brings us back to the job where I work 7am to 7am. In addition, all of these jobs do not have a specified lunch break where I can leave. I am lucky if I ever have a day off. It also changes from time to time. Next week is is a little different. I don't work next Sunday. I don't know of any dealers open on Sunday. The rest of the time they are open 9am to 6pm at best. If you can find holes in my schedule then let me know. I would be excited because that would mean I have a day off I didn't know about.

I didn't feel it was necessary to go into detail about my work schedule. I don't think that information makes me a good or bad saw user either. I hope you also can see how hard it is to get to my original dealer during their hours. I thought it would be much easier to have someone cover me for a few minutes while I drove the 2 miles to the closest shop to my job. After all, they are a dealer too.

I only had 1 W2 job last year and a small business that was doing ok. Now we are pretty much out of business. The shop by my house is only about 10 minutes away. It was much easier to go there last year since I was home more often.

I don't know what other "holes in the story" people are talking about. Yeah, I did say I would never buy Stihl again and then bought Stihl again. I got PO'd by a "dealer" who had more accusations and arrogance than anyone would care for. I think I will get the product support by sticking with my hometown guy regardless of the inconvenience.

I know you all deal with a bunch of morons more often than not. I don't have a bunch of stars next to my name or a long signature of the 10 different chainsaws I have. I am not a small engine technician either. I am just a hard working guy with a saw that didn't last a year. I didn't cut any corners. I didn't screw up the mixture. I didn't forget oil. I didn't loan it out. I didn't use stale gas. I didn't let it sit all winter without using it. I always swapped out chains when they began get dull. It didn't show signs of running poorly until it quit at idle a couple times. It never started again for me after that. I really want to know if I did something wrong because I would've been doing it wrong for years. I also don't care to blow up another saw if it was something I did.

Atleast this post is back to consistancy.:clap:
If you would have started the post more like this I think the eruption would have been much less. Let's not forget I am not the first on this tread to question the situation....... :chainsaw:

fpc310

fpc310

ArboristSite Member
Atleast this post is back to consistancy.:clap:
If you would have started the post more like this I think the eruption would have been much less. Let's not forget I am not the first on this tread to question the situation....... :chainsaw:

I think anger and frustration gets the best of us at times. I am still not very happy that my local dealer has still not looked at the saw. I'm sure they are backlogged, but I bet I could've shipped it to half the people on here for a quicker diagnosis. I don't know why I am surprised though. I took in a John Deere lawn mower tire with a sidewall puncture. I am not sure why that one is taking so long to replace and remount. I guess it is the season.

gink595

gink595

Addicted to ArboristSite
You know,.. we've all blown something up,.. none of us meant to,.. but it happened! Be a man about it and move on. :cheers:

I've never blown a chainsaw up, not to say I don't have a blown up chainsaw. That prick Maldeney blew my 066 BB up the first time he used it:) It ran fine for me the good hour I used it as soon as he layed his greedy little fingers on it a minute later it was seized, even though it wasn't his fault I'm still blamming him.... Thats right buddy, no big deal it was a good time at least we laughed about it.:greenchainsaw:

joatmon

joatmon

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've never blown a chainsaw up, not to say I don't have a blown up chainsaw. That prick Maldeney blew my 066 BB up the first time he used it:) It ran fine for me the good hour I used it as soon as he layed his greedy little fingers on it a minute later it was seized, even though it wasn't his fault I'm still blamming him.... Thats right buddy, no big deal it was a good time at least we laughed about it.:greenchainsaw:

Gink,

Blowin' up an 066 ...... well ..... not good ...... but not a hanging offense.

But .... blow up one of them bezzers ...... bet we'd have a REAL problem.

Joat