Why would you want to be a climber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of those cushy municipal gigs. Was a gardener. I remember the "relocation" orders coming down from upstairs. Shiiiiit.
My next memory was bellowing something along the lines of: "Fine, ****ers. I'll drag the brush. But that's IT. No WAY are these feet leaving ground. Not going to happen. Forget it."
One day, the climber called in. Sick. Drunk. Whatever. So a harness was stuffed in my face. It had the air of a "you climb or you walk" type of scenario, so I sheepishly (and begrudgingly) crawled into it.
Scared? I was a human koala. Koala man. Arms and legs wrapped around anything they would reach out and touch. "These guys are batshit crazy"
That day came to an end. Though at the time it felt like it never would, and I went back to my job of stacking and hauling brush to the chipper.
Then the boredom set in.. everything down on the ground felt.. without. Lackluster. That's i guess when I realized I'd found my place. And it wasn't down there..

Back