"Wicked Work Saw" customers and friends please read this announcement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today was treatment number one . 1 down 34 to go. my wife has decided that when she takes each treatment she is going to text everyone what she is thankful for. todays text was that she is thankful to have God in her life and for God being there by her side thru this.

That's a positive attitude,the mind is capable of healing.prayers for u both.

Hi, This is Terry's wife/boss, Ann. First and foremost, I want to thank each and everyone of you guys for the gifts, cards, phone calls, concerns & prayers. I am so humbled by all the love that you guys have & share with each other! I am so fortunate to be a part of your life. I know Terry appreciates each one of you & the friendships that he has made are forever. Terry & the girls have really took this hard. I will never forget the day that I got the call from the doctor that I had cancer and when I told Terry, he just fell to his knees, grabbed me & cried all day. I knew right then & there that I can't tell the girls. That night I had Terry to tell them. The loud cries coming from the girls was unbearable. Many times in our lives we go through things that cause us pain, sorrow & even leave us feeling hopeless. It's really important that we can reflect on the things that we are thankful for. If there is one thing that I have learned in my own life is that by living with a life of gratitude it can change your entire outlook on your life & how you handle the things in your life. There are many tough times that we go through over time, but if you can take a moment to stop & simply reflect on the blessings in your life I believe you will see just how blessed your life is! So to help me get through this trial time in my life, I have decided everyday that I go get a radiation treatment I want to share to everyone what I am thankful that day for. I will be giving 35 reasons through out 7 weeks. I hope you don't mind. If you have something to share that your thankful that day for, I wouldn't mind if you shared that with me. So yesterday was my 1st treatment. I was thankful for having God in my life who does work miracles, meets my every need & gave me the gift of life. Today was #2 radiation treatment down. 33 to go. Today I am thankful for Terry... My husband(going on 18 years), father of my children, & my best friend. He is wise & rational. I never have to worry about the decisions he makes because I know they are well-thought-out. He is opinionated & outspoken. This means that he is a man of conviction & courage! He is a protector & provider. He loves me even when I'm grouchy & afraid. He is by no means perfect, but I know he is perfectly God's plan for me & I am thankful for that. He is a man of few words & over the years I have been frustrated in his inability to express affection. However, as I reflect on our life together, I now see that words weren't necessary. He showed me his love. For this I am thankful. Most of all he has a heart that's willing to change when God challenges him. I hope you enjoy! Thanks again for being in my life.

quote:
Hi, This is Terry's wife/boss, Ann. First and foremost, I want to thank each and everyone of you guys for the gifts, cards, phone calls, concerns & prayers. I am so humbled by all the love that you guys have & share with each other! I am so fortunate to be a part of your life. I know Terry appreciates each one of you & the friendships that he has made are forever.
= = =
i take it Mrs Landrum ain't never seen a good hot thread purge with a group rate of bus tickets
to banned camp!! [smiley face goes here}

with silliness aside:
I got to have a great afternoon with my neighbor who's a recent
owner of a Stihl ms170.
Was a laconic day and very little firewood was cut (& still not split yet)
But for a noodling clog on the 170, I pulled bar and all off for a good look-see at things
and we were able to take our time and I could do a slow methodical
inspection/clean out of the bar and show him the things to check.
How to look for oiler flow,how the bar adjuster works, lift the bar when tightening
etc.....
and that lunch plate just topped it off. the only thing not home made
was the tortillas.

Attachments

• home cooked reasons .jpg
    home cooked reasons .jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 27
While I, like many others, have never met Ann or Terry I can only say that I feel amazed that a bond and a sense of connectivity spreads thousands of miles because of this forum and a common interest.
I consider myself lucky to have swapped a few emails with Terry, to have been able to purchase some of his craftsmanship and to feel totally safe in my dealings with him as a complete stranger is an awesome sign of the strength, decency and humanity of the man.
That his family is being so tested at this time is indeed an unfair thing, and I wish I was close enough to offer more traditional help (dropping around a casserole or servicing your car is more my style), my best wishes to you all, and the hopes that your faith continues to give you strength.
For those of us too far away, the raffle at least makes us feel like we can do something that is of practical help.

Hi, This is Terry's wife/boss, Ann. First and foremost, I want to thank each and everyone of you guys for the gifts, cards, phone calls, concerns & prayers. I am so humbled by all the love that you guys have & share with each other! I am so fortunate to be a part of your life. I know Terry appreciates each one of you & the friendships that he has made are forever. Terry & the girls have really took this hard. I will never forget the day that I got the call from the doctor that I had cancer and when I told Terry, he just fell to his knees, grabbed me & cried all day. I knew right then & there that I can't tell the girls. That night I had Terry to tell them. The loud cries coming from the girls was unbearable. Many times in our lives we go through things that cause us pain, sorrow & even leave us feeling hopeless. It's really important that we can reflect on the things that we are thankful for. If there is one thing that I have learned in my own life is that by living with a life of gratitude it can change your entire outlook on your life & how you handle the things in your life. There are many tough times that we go through over time, but if you can take a moment to stop & simply reflect on the blessings in your life I believe you will see just how blessed your life is! So to help me get through this trial time in my life, I have decided everyday that I go get a radiation treatment I want to share to everyone what I am thankful that day for. I will be giving 35 reasons through out 7 weeks. I hope you don't mind. If you have something to share that your thankful that day for, I wouldn't mind if you shared that with me. So yesterday was my 1st treatment. I was thankful for having God in my life who does work miracles, meets my every need & gave me the gift of life. Today was #2 radiation treatment down. 33 to go. Today I am thankful for Terry... My husband(going on 18 years), father of my children, & my best friend. He is wise & rational. I never have to worry about the decisions he makes because I know they are well-thought-out. He is opinionated & outspoken. This means that he is a man of conviction & courage! He is a protector & provider. He loves me even when I'm grouchy & afraid. He is by no means perfect, but I know he is perfectly God's plan for me & I am thankful for that. He is a man of few words & over the years I have been frustrated in his inability to express affection. However, as I reflect on our life together, I now see that words weren't necessary. He showed me his love. For this I am thankful. Most of all he has a heart that's willing to change when God challenges him. I hope you enjoy! Thanks again for being in my life.

Amen sister. Hope and faith will continue here. I am thankful for our Foreign Exchange Student (FES). She came to us about 3 weeks ago from a "not-so" desirable host person. She is precious and has been a blessing to our family. Tonight we had a conversation about other FES's and her previous host home. She got choked up and told my wife and I we are the nicest people, she loves our family, loves being with us, and was soooo greatful for accepting her. I really do consider her my own; and my stomach turns when I think about her going back home.

#3 Radiation Treatment down. 32 to go. Today I am Thankful for being a Mother of two beautiful girls... Amanda Brooke-17 years old & LeAnn Paige-13 years old, for making me laugh & realizing my strength, for keeping me sane & ... driving me crazy! Having a beautiful & loving spirit just for being themselves. They have high hopes & dreams for their future & will be excellent in what they attempt in their lives. They have taught me so many things about life & I've learned more about myself than ever before. I love them with all my heart! They are the most precious gift God has given me. With life throwing a lot of curveballs lately, they are my anchor! No matter how hard things can be, they give meaning to my existence & inspire me everyday to become a better person & I am proud to be their Mother! If you have something to share that your thankful today for, I wouldn't mind if you shared that with me. As always thanks for being in my life!

#3 Radiation Treatment down. 32 to go. Today I am Thankful for being a Mother of two beautiful girls... Amanda Brooke-17 years old & LeAnn Paige-13 years old, for making me laugh & realizing my strength, for keeping me sane & ... driving me crazy! Having a beautiful & loving spirit just for being themselves. They have high hopes & dreams for their future & will be excellent in what they attempt in their lives. They have taught me so many things about life & I've learned more about myself than ever before. I love them with all my heart! They are the most precious gift God has given me. With life throwing a lot of curveballs lately, they are my anchor! No matter how hard things can be, they give meaning to my existence & inspire me everyday to become a better person & I am proud to be their Mother! If you have something to share that your thankful today for, I wouldn't mind if you shared that with me. As always thanks for being in my life!

Ann, keep'em coming, I copy and paste them and pass them along to my wife. She has never been on AS, but I share lots of what's going on here with her. She tolerates it and actually acts interested sometimes. You and Terry have a wonderful family. I think we get so caught up in being there for our kids that we forget that as they grow, it is important for them to understand their role in supporting us in our lives. My wife lost her mother when she was 11 to thyroid cancer. It has made her a very strong and devout person. We are your (and Brad's dad) prayer warriors and know that GOD will get you and Terry through this in His time. Stay strong, and pray.

BTW, your first post made my eyes water (I did not cry. Repeat, I did not cry!!!!)

Neal

BTW, your first post made my eyes water (I did not cry. Repeat, I did not cry!!!!)

Neal

Eyes watering is crying. It doesn't have to be a river to be considered crying. No shame in crying, just means you have a heart and you care. You can keep your man card,,,,for now.

Ann, I'm not a religious man, but I do believe in positive thoughts and kharma. Many positive thoughts are being sent to you, Terry, Amanda, & LeAnn. Good things come back to people who do good things.

Neal

I'm crying, and I've never met the Landrum clan.
I'll turn in my man card, but first I'll need to find it.
It might have already been revoked :eek:.

Mrs TLandrum, I am thankful for some good news I got today. My neice, Ally, was born pre-mature in early December (before Christmas). Her esophagus was not attached to her stomach so she is still in the hospital. She had surgery 1/29 to repair the defect. However, the surgery site did not heal 100% and there was leakage, so they continued feeding her through a tube. They have been testing every week to determine if there is still leakage. The test results came back today.....the surgery site has closed with no more leakage. They removed the feeding tube and she is able to bottle/breast feed for the first time. She should be able to come home soon. Children are definitely a blessing----the best gift this side of heaven IMO.

Back