Wierd 036 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My 036 has developed a problem. Over the weekend I was cutting up wood that had been piled up by the power company trimmers. Cutting it required that I set the saw down to place the 4-6' pieces where I could cut them into firewood. I left it idle while doing this, maybe 15-20 seconds. When I would pick it up it would idle way down and almost die. Longer it idled the more it would slow down when I picked it up. The saw is well maintained, just cleaned the whole rig including the filter. It runs perfectly when sawing and does not act lean or rich. Seems like I read something about this problem on here a while back but i could find it by search.

if that doesnt fix it maybe your pulse line to the carb is cracking. my saw was doing the same thing for a couple years, it just kept getting worse until it wouldnt idle at all. just a thought.

Hi Butch, maybe puddling in the carb, or seals? Long time since i was a 2 stroke dog. I always let sit and then shake a saw or trimmer after adjusting the carb to see if the idle will be stable. HTH Dave.

I have a freind with an 036 did something similar, and then started to idle and run fast later down the road, we tok to shop turned out to be a leak I think vaccum or something they had to replace something in carb, minor low cost repair they said they had seen this before. I would say carb.

Latest posts

Back