Wife holding a chainsaw thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I had some good laughs reading the thread from last week about another member's wife hating this site and I realized that I'm in good company! My wife is a facebook nut and does her time there and is a good sport about my "woodhillbilly site" even when a new saw shows up on the front doorstep...but I have to say...I cannot EVER think of one time(not even once) when I have seen her with a saw in her hands! Even just moving it from the kitchen table to set out the dinnerware! Kidding! I guess that's why...saws are in my shed/man zone. She loves a warm house from the woodheat and never complains about me using a Saturday morning to cut some more so I love her for that as well as being a great mom too. But I'm up to the challenge...I'm gonna put a saw in her hands and see if I can get that "woodcutter grin" going on! I'll start small only because I have to be careful... I taught her to golf years ago before kids and she got to like it so much she started beating me and wanting to go out with me and the boys on "buddy time"! (Maybe I should just let her keep shopping with the kids...)

Anyhow, If you've got pics with your wifey with a saw let's see 'em! And keep the playboy bunny pics for the other threads! I want to see you lucky SOBs that have wives that load your truck for ya too! (And I'll see if I can secretly take a pic of her moving my saw off a stack of laundry I've just folded! This could take time...)

Here is Karen on a day when she bucked up logs for 9 hours with only about a 30 minute lunch break. The saw is a modded 361.
IMG_20100908_145543.jpg

IMG_20100908_143412.jpg

This is her running her skidder with a pretty good log up a hill.

Covered in dirt after about 6 hours of running a skidder in a horrible dusty area.
2010-07-06183024.jpg

Topping a tree for me.
IMG_20100920_101035.jpg

i'll try to get some pix today. my wife and my boys (12yrs & 14yrs) are all eager to run a saw. they also handle the entire load-unload-stack responsibilities. well i do help a bit i guess. and it's never a problem for my saws to be on the kitchen table. i've even bolted a vise down to it to aid me in chain sharpening. also i commonly start my saws in the house because i love the smell of burnt two-stroke with no complaints from the kids or wife. all in all they like helping me get our wood, just not the 5am & 6am wake up times. today i'm letting them sleep till 6:30, but i'll bet they don't appreciate those extra 30 mins! LOL

Where does one meet women like this?

My last GF never understood why I like worked outside just for fun :msp_sad:

Wife pics

I'll see if I can put up some pics after this weekends GTG. I usually get busy and forget to take pics of her.

Going out sunday for 4 cords... My buddys wife and my own have stacking responsablity. Il take a couple picks at the end of the day and post them hah.

I can't even come close to Slamm-Sam.

Great equipment, evident production on the ground, good boss (she's still smiling after the dust), and amazing that some people STILL question what you say about your logging operation or that you just MIGHT know something about chainsaws. Now to wait for their pictures :popcorn:. Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

Thanks for posting.

Slamm does she sit on the tailgate with you a sip a cold adult beverage after a long day?

Here is Karen on a day when she bucked up logs for 9 hours with only about a 30 minute lunch break. The saw is a modded 361.

I think it's unfair when professionals enter amateur contests just to show off... I mean, Karen seems to be such a talent, and so far you're up against someone who's goal is to paparazzi a picture of his wife just removing his saw from the kitchen table when preparing for dinner - if he's lucky...

i used to have a vid of my wife running a saw,, she helps me all the time cutting,splitting and stacking,, she is a good sport plus it gives us more time together

What is the point of this thread? My friend and I have a tiny hobby logging operation going. I'm the faller and choker setter, and she's the skidder (tiny tractor operator). Her husband, and my dog, stay up in the house.
We work slow because I'm new to falling, but both of us have been running saws for a while. I look at it as "going to the gym".

Her husband did come down and fall a tree that I didn't want to because I was in a horrible mood after trying to wedge a small, limb-locked tree over. Since I do it for the firewood and learning, I can call it a day when that happens.

We both have backgrounds in forestry.

I'll see about getting a picture. I'm old and fat, and she is a grandma.
View attachment 203885View attachment 203886

Theres's also a road engineer who is a certified class B bucker, and another woman who works in recreation with the Forest Service who is also a bucker, and may also be a faller. We don't hold chainsaws, we run them and cut trees down and/or out of roads, and our firewood.

Here's some of our "logging". We are thinning out the suppressed trees, which is a pain, because they are small, limblocked, and don't have enough weight to hit the ground most of the time. They hang up. Then we bring in the tractor, hook a long chain to the butt, and pull the tree over. This tree was big enough to hit the ground. I used the Barbie for a scale reference. Not the log scale but the object scale.

203885d1319294158-day-40001_1-jpg

203886d1319294163-day-40001_3-jpg

Unlike most of the ground around here, this is flat.

Last edited:
What is the point of this thread? My friend and I have a tiny hobby logging operation going. I'm the faller and choker setter, and she's the skidder (tiny tractor operator). Her husband, and my dog, stay up in the house.
We work slow because I'm new to falling, but both of us have been running saws for a while. I look at it as "going to the gym".

Her husband did come down and fall a tree that I didn't want to because I was in a horrible mood after trying to wedge a small, limb-locked tree over. Since I do it for the firewood and learning, I can call it a day when that happens.

203885d1319294158-day-40001_1-jpg

Ha, I thought you were joking when I saw Barbie! I expected to see a picture of a Ken doll (your partner's husband) helping you fall a tree. When you said your partner drove a tiny tractor it all made sense. Tiny like 6" tall and made of plastic.

BTW, I think you are the first person I've seen on AS that uses a Barbie for scale in their logging pics. I assume no one else is confident enough to show their barbies in the pictures.

Ha, I thought you were joking when I saw Barbie! I expected to see a picture of a Ken doll (your partner's husband) helping you fall a tree. When you said your partner drove a tiny tractor it all made sense. Tiny like 6" tall and made of plastic.

BTW, I think you are the first person I've seen on AS that uses a Barbie for scale in their logging pics. I assume no one else is confident enough to show their barbies in the pictures.

Slowp is of the female persuasion:)

Har, Har, Har,

Hence the handle "slow pee" !

How far off the trail does she have to go to get little privacy?????????

Well, there were few trails where I used to work. Only brush. I worked as a forester, and was out with the all guy logging crews. You know, most of those guys are very professional and courteous. Yes, they cuss a lot, get dirty and sweaty. But, when it came down to restroom time, one just had to say, excuse me, I need to visit the little girl's/or for them boy's room. Then you wander off a bit and go. No problems. And yes, everybody, once in a while, accidently will get caught literally with pants down. The one coming upon this simply turns around, and gets out of the area. Politeness makes working better for everybody.

There were some funny times. Like one hooktender was wearing Tin Pants. They have a double layer of cloth in places. Like hooktenders do, he was carrying tools in his backpocket. A file slipped through a hole and got stuck between layers of cloth and was stabbing him. He later told me that he was all set to drop his pants, and there I was, coming down the hill so he had to continue getting stabbed. All he really needed to do was to excuse himself, and take care of it.

When getting stung by bees, all modesty goes out the window. One faller came running up the hill throwing clothes off, and ended up on the major tourist road, clad in shorts and calks. The tourists slowed down considerably.

I guess we all treated each other like we'd like ourselves to be treated. That's a good rule, right?

Back