Wildthing Races at GTG's.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the op crated a monster..

annyhoo i may have to be a copy cat with the jug cuttin the top off and doping it down a few thou that gives it a good WTF factor..

how about just running the saw on 200:1 mix that will make it scream

alright, you yahoo's are making me want to go buy one of these purple an green meanies and start beating on it...

happy now? :msp_tongue:

Really they arent bad saws. I enjoy running mine now :) Just need to work over the transfers. I cant think of a better saw to start porting on. If you mess up, throw the old junk away and beg for some parts. They are mostly cheap and everywhere!

why replace parts? i've seen one on the bay goin for $30 with shipping..

i have one i'm going to be an idiot with it, and try to go some light milling...

It Runs....It Cuts!

I put a chain on it this morning and went at some Maple with it. Had to richen it a few times but got it! Dosen't seem as fast as my old one but still good power. Its pulling a Windsor .325 and a 7 tooth rim on an 18" bar. Sounds good but maybe not fast enough to show off as yet.....:msp_mad:... Will get a video soon.
Note the original primer bulb and the new style primer.......:cheers:
These Things are fun.......Bob

This is making me nuts. I can't seem to get the idea of building one of these out of my mind; I'm now considering a purple saw that I have absolutely no real need of other than to feed this addiction. I've been dreaming of all kinds of insanity to do to this thing. I can see now that all of my other projects are going to get covered in dust.

Is there such a sticky for Chainsaws Anonymous?

Last edited:

I put a chain on it this morning and went at some Maple with it. Had to richen it a few times but got it! Dosen't seem as fast as my old one but still good power. Its pulling a Windsor .325 and a 7 tooth rim on an 18" bar. Sounds good but maybe not fast enough to show off as yet.....:msp_mad:... Will get a video soon.
Note the original primer bulb and the new style primer.......:cheers:
These Things are fun.......Bob

Farley, how much did you open up the muff? It may need more flow.

looked one over in one of the local pawn joints... came with a case, scrench, booklet, dried out primer bulb, VERY stiff chain brake, and no guarantees... all for only $70

I did my best not to laugh when I said "no, thank you"...

looked one over in one of the local pawn joints... came with a case, scrench, booklet, dried out primer bulb, VERY stiff chain brake, and no guarantees... all for only $70

I did my best not to laugh when I said "no, thank you"...

I've sold two or three in the past year out of the shop I tinker at for more than that, and have one at that price for sale now, but they have been "tuned" a little, happy customers, one even came back and said he can't believe how well it cuts compared to the neighbors new one.

I've sold two or three in the past year out of the shop I tinker at for more than that, and have one at that price for sale now, but they have been "tuned" a little, happy customers, one even came back and said he can't believe how well it cuts compared to the neighbors new one.

I'd have paid it if the primer bulb wasn't going to fail and I could have started it (and it ran well), but that wasn't the case ;)

In Answer to

Kmcinms & 67L36Driver.......
My primer is from Harbor Freight and the muffler mod is a simple one. I just open up the muffler shell and throw away everthing inside, then use two small tubes as an internal spacer, pound the rear openings flat and braze over, then use a dremal cutoff wheel to make two insions for the "Gills". With the help of a flat blade screwdriver and some needle nose pliers you will have what has been a pretty efective yet simple Poulan muffler mod! Just this mod alone will put a lot of extra zip into a stocker!........Bob

My primer is from Harbor Freight and the muffler mod is a simple one. I just open up the muffler shell and throw away everthing inside, then use two small tubes as an internal spacer, pound the rear openings flat and braze over, then use a dremal cutoff wheel to make two insions for the "Gills". With the help of a flat blade screwdriver and some needle nose pliers you will have what has been a pretty efective yet simple Poulan muffler mod! Just this mod alone will put a lot of extra zip into a stocker!........Bob

I make the same mod but I leave the stock exit as well. I'm too lazy to close it up. :cry:

I've kept my mods pretty basic and left the internals alone, just because I use my saw in residential areas a bit and don't want to get too loud with it. How's the sound level with all the guts out of it?
I make the same mod but I leave the stock exit as well. I'm too lazy to close it up. :cry:

I actually leave the stock ones there and open them up some. I also put in a larger slot on the chain side too. It really seems to wake up the response of that saw and still not be obnoxiously loud.

Back