WildThing Vs. Earthquake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the slow pace, I have to fix cars all day and don't always get to the saws. I work from 8am to 5pm at a dealership, then tonight Ill be working 6pm to 11pm at my buddies shop, no saw work today:msp_angry:

Sounds like somebody needs to get their priorities straight! A disposable saw build off isn't something that can be taken lightly!:msp_biggrin:

Sorry for the slow pace, I have to fix cars all day and don't always get to the saws. I work from 8am to 5pm at a dealership, then tonight Ill be working 6pm to 11pm at my buddies shop, no saw work today:msp_angry:

hahahahhha all good matt. i've seen your build. yer doing the best you can. at least you leave us wondering what you or scott is gonna post next. i find that everytime i log on this is the first thread i check for new posts. LETS SEE SCOTT'S QUAKE!!! ;) it must be some kind of top secret build scott is doing.

Ill admit that the style of engine that the quake has with a standard cylinder not clamshell, leads to the possibility that the quake can run strong. But come on now, where can you get a saw for 10 bucks and have fun making it fast? I actually have 5 bucks tops into this saw, fuel line. The pipe came out the metal dumpster at work. Saw was given to me in a pile of saws. Carb came of a 55 that had a bad crank bearings, yeah I spent 15 bucks on that saw, but since my 50 is sporting its ClosedPort top end I think the carb is a freebie. Oh that airfilter setup isn't gonna work, hits choke linkage, but it was free too, off of a Homolite 240 that came as a none runner for free.

But to real build posting, the throttle linkage is stumping me, the wildthings trigger linkage pulls back and down. The Zama from the 55 needs to be pulled straight back. The geometry is not working out. Im about to try a walbro, If I can convert one from "hose" impulse that goes to a barbed nipple to the "hole" in the face of the carb, I think Id like to try the walbro off of a 031 I had laying around. Hmmmm................. Im going to have to go back into the wildthing race thread and do some more looking around. Hey Ed, what did you use? And how did the linkage work out?????

Scott, I think Im going to have to run my much more stock poulan against your non-existing earthquake. Aside from a ringing in my right ear from the pipe, I think I managed to melt her down today. I was testing some mods to a chain I was throwing together and well..............:mad2:

Hmmm, me guesses it scared itself to death thinking it had to run against that VIPER powered Quake.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

View attachment 284775
My buddy at work threw this 036 together when he saw the poulan. He wants to race my poulan against this bad girl. HAHAHAHAHA he's crazy. 60+cc of german power vs 42cc of American Poulan Muscle HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he is gonna get it:laugh:

so did anything become of this? or did scott ***** out? just getting in the whiskey and thought of this thread so decided to search it LOL

Back