will a ms 261 cylinder kit work on a ms 271 with a 3 bolt intake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I got into this saw more I found that the connecting rod on the crank was blue from heat closet to the crank and the bearing on the clutch side was shot. I decided not to use this crank and order a used but in good shape OEM crank from a 291. Make a long story short waiting on parts. 😴

lol Bearing on the clutch side was shot, looks like I got a backup crank. This is funny in a sick way but I put the piston in backwards so I have to pull it all apart again. Don't know how though I was really careful, but I was wrong. Really getting a schooling on this project. Hope that 518 stuff is easy to cleanup.

Well, got the piston turned I did put it in backwards
Brain Meeting GIF
still no spark coil maybe, but leaning towards the flywheel because the saw ran with the break on I found out and did a bunch of damage and got so hot it melted the clutch bearing ( this happens when you get a eBay special) anyway more research and parts I'm sure. I did say this was fun.

Well I'm about at a lost as a young boy can be. I tested the coils both of them the old one is 2.6 ohms the new is 2.7 ohms from the boot to ground, spec say's 2-12. I though it might be the flywheel and ordered a know good flywheel. Still no spark. I've checked the wires to the switch both clean no cracks or cuts. Does anyone know if the case has a ground I'm missing? I did say it was fun, but real close to making some kind of lawn ornament out of it.

Latest posts

Back