Will echo string trimmer heads fit any other brands ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cycledude

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i'm tired of messing with loading string trimmer heads on My Stihl weed eaters and am wondering if one of those much easier loading echo heads would fit ? I'd love to try one and see for myself if those echo heads actually work like they claim.

Sindaiwa/echo Speed Feed head is what you ate looking for. IIRC, there is a 375, 400 and 450. I believe I am running the 400 and it comes with a green nut that fits Stihl. In fact, my Kombi has one on it right now.

What model of Stihl are you trying to fit? I believe they will only fit models with a LH thread arbor. The speed fees heada fit both my km-130 and fs240. I think Echo makes a 375, 400, and 450. The 400 should do for most trimmers. I have the 450 on the kombi because it fits larger line. My 450 is supposed to only hold 10' but my 400 holds 20'. I believe the 375 only holds 10'. And, one last note about the 400. It doesn't do lines much over 0.095. The line gets stuck in the pass through part of the head.

Oh and they do work just like they seem. Super well.

I was just at HD, looked at their SpeedFeed head--the same model fits curved and straight shafts, comes with several adapters to fit various trimmers--$29.95!!

I was just at HD, looked at their SpeedFeed head--the same model fits curved and straight shafts, comes with several adapters to fit various trimmers--$29.95!!

Yes I also went looking at Home Depot today, the speed feed heads look great , for $30 I just might try one. I really wanted to see the Honda four stroke trimmers but they didn't have any, asked someone working there but they were not even aware Home Depot sells Honda trimmers.

Latest posts

Back