Will I be done burning for the season??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaperman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Off to Mexico I go for a week starting Sunday. Taking bets on whether or not I'll have to fire up anymore when I get back next week. The temp here this morning surprised the %#@> out of me when I woke up, -23F. Couldnt hardley believe it. It is suppose to warm up into the mid 30's next week. If it stays like that when I get back, chances are I wont have to fire up, the house will get way too hot. Hola!! :cheers:

I am going to go up to April 1. I need to use up my propane by summer or else I will get charged tank rental. I figure 200 gallons of propane a year isnt bad.

keep burning

i would think up in minnesota you would go at least until april. Here in NE Ohio we will probably go till about mid april but around the clock burning might stop in a couple weeks

I am just west of MSP, and would expect to use wood heat another 2 month, into late april/may at least a bit. Unfortunately, I'm outof wood in another couple weeks, so thats it for me.

k

I am just west of MSP, and would expect to use wood heat another 2 month, into late april/may at least a bit. Unfortunately, I'm outof wood in another couple weeks, so thats it for me.

k

I've just started my last row of wood inside my barn. This will take me too the middle of April. I have next seasons wood out back in quarters and some ready to go (split). If I need to take some of this I will. We usually burn till May. This year I've burned more than the past two years where I always had extra in the barn at the end of the season. The good news? Just got the statement from my heating oil company yesterday. -$789 meaning I'm almost $800 too the good:clap: Haven't made a payment for 2 months now and won't make anymore.:clap: :cheers:

Reaper, I'm off to mexico sunday as well and dont plan on burning after we return. There comes a point at which I've just had enough (and I'm now at that point). Where are you heading in Mexico, we'll be in Playa Del Carmen. :cheers:

I'll burn till mid may as usual, never get tired of feeding the owb as I have not bought a drop of fuel oil in 4 yrs. Needless to say I've been dropped from the Christmas card list with the oil company, suits me just fine. Have a safe trip both of ya.

C.B.

Reaper, I'm off to mexico sunday as well and dont plan on burning after we return. There comes a point at which I've just had enough (and I'm now at that point). Where are you heading in Mexico, we'll be in Playa Del Carmen. :cheers:

Heading to Puerto Vallarta, never been there yet. We were at Playa Del, and Cozumel a few years back. We try not to make a second trip to the same area until we have been to all the other areas. The only place left in Mexico to see after this is Ixtapa.

If you have never been to Playa Del Carmen before you will definately enjoy it. Much less commercialized than Cancun. The water there is probably the prettiest I've seen throughout the Carribean. Enjoy!

We'll enjoy it, we also were there a few years ago. Sounds like its a totally different place now, the town is double the size it was 3 years ago and new resorts have popped up all over. Hope it doesn't get commercialized like cancun but it sounds like its well on its way. From what I've been told Puerto Vallarta is a great vacation as well, have fun!

I think that is what I like most about outdoor stove, more heat control in warmer weather was -18 below last night and have 2 stoves going so I don't see myself shuttin er down any time soon I'll just divert more heat to my shop:)

Middle of next week will be in the 50s so the woodburner will be shut down during the day. Maybe a low fire at night to keep the chill off. Probably be done completely by the end of March.

Heading to Puerto Vallarta, never been there yet. We were at Playa Del, and Cozumel a few years back. We try not to make a second trip to the same area until we have been to all the other areas. The only place left in Mexico to see after this is Ixtapa.

If you have never been to Playa Del Carmen before you will definately enjoy it. Much less commercialized than Cancun. The water there is probably the prettiest I've seen throughout the Carribean. Enjoy!

Reaper, we were just in PV the third week in January. Been going there for 12 years now. For sure stop in at Cafe Roma and meet the owner, Senor Fox. It's an upstairs place with a neighborhood bar atmosphere. It's on a side street, can't think of the name right now, along the river and by the bridge downtown. Any taxi driver will know though. The best thin crust pizza in town and excellent quality booze at good prices.:cheers:
Also for a restaurant, try Asadero's on Basilio Badillio. One of my favorites.

Latest posts

Back