winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squish9173

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hi, im fairly new here dont know if this is the right place for this,move if you need to.has anyone ever mounted a gas motor on a winch?i have a large "BRADEN" winch&id like to mount a gas motor on it as that is what i have.any info,ideas,& or imput would be greatly apprecieated.thanks in advance.

Here's my winch mounted on diesel engine

main.php

sorry, couldnt resist :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

hi, im fairly new here dont know if this is the right place for this,move if you need to.has anyone ever mounted a gas motor on a winch?i have a large "BRADEN" winch&id like to mount a gas motor on it as that is what i have.any info,ideas,& or imput would be greatly apprecieated.thanks in advance.

Any idea what model Braden?

If you give me the drum diameter and ratio I can try to help you out.

Is the winch set up for a hydraulic motor or does it just have the input shaft extending out of the case? I'm assuming its a worm drive though Braden does make planetary gear boxes.

Can you supply any pics?

Take Care

I hooked up an 8000lb koenig to a 7hp briggs with a forward/reversing trans on it. The trans was made for the engine and it worked very well. I put it on a small sled so it could yard itself through the woods if need be. I would just chain it to a tree, hang a block and start pulling. That was in the early 80's. I often thought about using hyd, now with the milemarker I see they have them out doing what mine did back then.

Latest posts

Back