Wind and Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont feel bad neither did mine. This is the first time this year I lost my cover.

Same thing here in NewEngland, I figure I'll let them air dry a few days and cover them up. I also took a walk in my woodlot after the wind died down and I only lost one oak. I'll cut that one up over the winter. :chainsaw: I still have three more cords to split and stack in the yard.

Y'all can come over here. Don't need to cover the wood. It has been so dry here since March that I have been afraid two raindrops will strike sparks and start a fire! Yes, I had wind around 30 mph most of the day. At least it finished stripping leaves so I can have a go at cleaning gutters.

Harry K

I think I'll move my wood into the garage. If I stack it 3 rows deep i'll fit about 4 cords. Next year wood shed.:cheers:

Mine didnt actually come off, but I did have to go out and pull it tight again a few times. There were time I looked out and there as about 4 feet of air between the wood and the tarp. I have about 20 gallon plastic milk jugs full of sand tied to my tarps to anchor them down. Along with concrete blocks and big nubbins on the top and edges, I had to throw these back on more times than I cared to.
I am with you monk680 I already have plans for a open ended wood shed that will go up in the early spring. I have had enough with tarps and plastic and all the other fun stuff that goes with them.

Back