Windosr replaceable bar tips at Bailey's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswensen

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hard to tell from Bailey's photos. I have two old Homelites; a 450 and a 360. The 450 has an old Windsor bar. The 360 has an old Homelite bar. Both have replaceable tips, both are exactly the same configuration of rivets (measured with a caliper) so I'm pretty sure they are both Windsors. Both tips measure identically in every way.

BUT, I can't tell from the Bailey's photos if the Windsor replacement tips would work. Right number of rivets, but the spacing is the question.

Have Windsor replacement tips always been uniform? I'm talking since the mid 70's till now.

old Windsor bars used a 3 rivet fastening system part # was stamped right in the tip from Windsor SRA222A11 for 3/8" pitch and SRA222B10 for .404" pitch.

todays Windsor bars use a 5 rivet tip STA375 for 3/8" pitch STA404 for .404" pitch

They will not interchange

Scott

I thought the correct current Windsor bar mount for the 360's and 450's was the UXL mount:

Bailey's - 20" Windsor Speed Tip Chainsaw Bar

I have a Windsor 20" 70DL UXL mount bar that is in decent shape(still has some lettering) if you need one. I'm over in Willamina.

Thanks for the offer, my 450 bar looks pretty good, but the tip has one of the nose sprocket tips is broken off.

old Windsor bars used a 3 rivet fastening system part # was stamped right in the tip from Windsor SRA222A11 for 3/8" pitch and SRA222B10 for .404" pitch.

todays Windsor bars use a 5 rivet tip STA375 for 3/8" pitch STA404 for .404" pitch

They will not interchange

Scott

I thought as much, but I hoped to be wrong. Thanks!

Back