Windsor chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
I have been using Oregon safety kickback 22" chain as a homeowner. I have been reading here about the chisel chain and feel it's time to move up one step. Is the Windsor chisel chain worth a try? Just keep reading how it cuts faster.

I use almost nothing but chisel chain. round or square chisel will cut faster than chipper or semi chisel ever would.

7/32 round file used for sharpening, so i am guessing stock is round. Never seen square for sell. Do you guys do them square chisel on your own?

Oregon makes square chisel, it requires that funky lookin 6 sided file to sharpen. Baileys has it.

oldsaw-addict said:
Oregon makes square chisel, it requires that funky lookin 6 sided file to sharpen. Baileys has it.

I believe they only sell that in 200 ft. rolls. I haven't seen it in pre-made loops like the RC (round chisel) ones. I have been keeping my eyes open for pre-made loops of square chisel for i am 'chomping at the bit' to try one!!

u mite try strait chisel. non safety. the windsor i tried was pretty fair chain. if u find the square chisel in loops ,id be interested in seein a pic. ive got a loop of stihls version.
it was somewhat different than the fast chain some on hee can turn out. still it wasnt bad.think ill look it up. rite now ive gone back to round chisel ,as its something, im not too bad at.

you can order the square chisel by the drive link from Baileys, which means you can get the exact loop size you need.

Just bought a full round chisel chain. Will update when I have tried it out.

22" Windsor pro chain. Full chisel

VERY AGGRESSIVE!!! Windsor is our most popular brand.
It is a 3/8, .050 gauge, 76 drive link, with 38 cutting links.

Will fit Poulan 3750, BadBoy 3750, & Poulan Pro 330

Well I put the Windsor full chisel on the 330 today, because it has that kickback stop bar on it. Just in case. I am sold on FC. Didnt time anything, but seemed to eat right through the wood like a hot butter knife. Seems to cut in half the time, but that could be just my mind tricking me.

bar

Timbermaster said:
Well I put the Windsor full chisel on the 330 today, because it has that kickback stop bar on it. Just in case. I am sold on FC. Didnt time anything, but seemed to eat right through the wood like a hot butter knife. Seems to cut in half the time, but that could be just my mind tricking me.
Tm , don't mistake the poulan (oregon) low kickback bar for a cure to the possibility for kickback .

I was talking about that thing that locks the clutch when it is kicked back into something, and then has to be reset. Not the chain bar, if i was confusing there.

scottr said:
Tm , don't mistake the poulan (oregon) low kickback bar for a cure to the possibility for kickback .
Hey scott I was talking about that chain break feature. Sorry for the confusion.

Latest posts

Back