Winter has arrived. First snow is now falling...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It was damn cold yesterday, and today the snow is coming down. Makes me smile at my wood stack.

I picked up a very good condition used John Deere Lawn Tractor a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday the snow plow blade from the dealer. Once I get that installed then I say to the weather gods, "Bring it on!" :)

How many on here cracked a little smile themselves when you read the above statement?

Yep.

Looking at the woodpile always brings a sense accomplishment and pride for me.

every-man-looks-upon-his-wood-pile-with-a-sort-of-affection-henry-david-thoreau.jpg

Hasn't been very cold here yet, have only seen 10* as a low. Been mid 20's for highs. Normally by now we've had at least a few days of -20.

2 feet of fresh fallen snow now settled to a foot. wood pile looks good for another heating season.. thanks to the wood snobs that only think oak will keep them warm. junk wood is king in my home with a 3 cord scrounge to pick up yet of 100" logs... storm damage to a clients home that took off her power loop. another job in the snow! ! "WELCOME HOME WINTER" !

We had temps in the mid 30's and some areas just north of us had a freeze. Feels good that winter is here and wood burning begins. Lit three fires this weekend.

I think we all had a head start for this year last year I burned 3 less cords of wood. Probably the easiest winter I can recall in New Hampshire anyway

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back