Winter is coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure am glad I didn't buy that end of the world BS - would have been a cold night last night at -2°F and no firewood. :laugh:

We've slipped into a pretty standard weather pattern up here, Cold for a day or two, warm up a bit and snow a little, then back to cold and repeat.

Well you can send some snow here! All we have got is heavy rain..... Constant! Sick of it could do with a good freeze and a dump of snow

Sure am glad I didn't buy that end of the world BS - would have been a cold night last night at -2°F and no firewood. :laugh:

We've slipped into a pretty standard weather pattern up here, Cold for a day or two, warm up a bit and snow a little, then back to cold and repeat.

I have never bought into things like that. Like that "New Millennium" thing when all the computers were supposed to go nut or fail stopping everything from simple transactions to losing records n bank accounts n so on. There will always be some without a lick of sense that will buy into it and do something stupid. But then I don't listen very well when it comes to some things (like, "what do you mean I CAN'T do that?" ........ "Watch this!" :D )

This year seems to be a bit warmer than when I first moved here. There still is no snow to speak of on the ground when last year and the year before there was plenty. But the winter winds are pretty much the same. It almost seems I'm up far enough to be in one of the jet steams they speak of on the weather reports. But that's okay, I'll have FREEZE DRIED firewood in no time! :msp_smile:

Works for me! I might even break down and make a batch of good old fashioned corn whiskey (shine) Corn squeezins are made for drinkin, not for stickin in gasoline!

A lot of my ancestors hailed from WV. I'm pretty sure they had a handle on that process. They were practical folks. Started their tractors on gasoline then switched over to kero. It was a lot cheaper back in those days. Now it's more than diesel.

:laugh: Me too! I now have 4 chainsaws, all ready with nice sharp cutters, some of the various axes with nice sharp edges, and several firearms with plenty of ammunition. So no worries here! :hmm3grin2orange: Now all I need to do is stock up on Beer!

And you make whiskey. I AM IN LUV:heart:

And you make whiskey. I AM IN LUV:heart:

:ices_rofl: Yeah, but I'm old, independent (I don't ask for anything, I just do what needs to be done) And don't forget, I ride a Harley n not an itty bitty ;)

Oooo wait, I know what will dissuade you! My shed, pump house, garage. and ornamental wishing well are painted a light gray with light pink trim. And inside the garage, the walls are pink with burgundy trim! Hmm, still not enough? Okay, all the gas chainsaws I own are POULAN PRO's 4218av, 4620avx, 5020av! My pole saw is an ELECTRIC REMINGTON! :laugh:

Damn your hard to dissuade! :hmm3grin2orange: I know what it is, it's that whiskey, isn't it? :D :ices_rofl: (well, I need something to warm up my innards while I'm sitting next to the wood fire. After all isn't it supposed to be winter?)

It's OK to let your feminine side out ... clearly you have one as evidenced by your brand of chainsaws. :D

:cool2: Then I'll paint the yellow parts PINK!
boobies_zps5701bb59.gif
:D

Poulan_zps95765fa4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back