Winter Outlook

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A month ago we were supposed to have a cool fall. Now we are having a warm fall. I am always on the lookout for the extended forecast, but it will be what it will be.

I actually prefer a real winter with some cold and snow. Makes you appreciate the summer more!

Yep... The National Weather Service Climate Prediction Center has us in above normal temperatures and normal-to-below normal precipitation for the entire winter... all the way into May even.
Won't hurt my feelings one bit if it comes true... the last couple winters have been enough winter for me.

Yep... The National Weather Service Climate Prediction Center has us in above normal temperatures and normal-to-below normal precipitation for the entire winter... all the way into May even.
Won't hurt my feelings one bit if it comes true... the last couple winters have been enough winter for me.
AGREED!!!

Depends on whom you ask. ;)

As I understand the Old Farmer's Almanac predicts below normal temps for the season. I hope that turns out to be wrong... but ya never know 'til it happens. Last winter left us with roughly a face cord of old sweet gum remaining. 9 cord of wood stacked here; only 3 were burnable. Dang stove didn't get a break, we burned around the clock.

We're ready for the cold this year. 2 cord of 2-year-old red oak & 2 cord of red maple await. Snow thrower is PMed, just gas her up. And a new 4X4 pickup for good measure.

Our September has been pretty warm. We've had days in the 80's and low 90's with nothing close to frost. Still lots of mosquitos out at dark. I'd say I believe this so far.

Our September has been pretty warm. We've had days in the 80's and low 90's with nothing close to frost. Still lots of mosquitos out at dark. I'd say I believe this so far.
'Welcome to the jungle' when it comes to the mosquitos...just as relentless here at dark thirty as they have been all summer long. Looking forward to a good cold snap but don't think one's coming here no time soon. :nofunny:

We had a late cold snap around Memorial day that knocked the heck out of the "first hatch" of mosquitos around the cabin and the second hatch wasn't too bad either in the northern part of the state.

Supposed to be like last year here... we cycled between 40-50* with rain and -20* all winter.

Sept has been nice here too, highs in the 50s, lows in the 20s.

this past winter was below normal dang cold and ugly, the winter before that i ran out of wood and that one was really cold.
oh gawd i hope we dont get any snow or ice this year

Won't matter for me, I'm screwed! Sold ALL my wood, haven't finished building the new house yet, Rental house just got sold, have to move, no time to even get the new stove hooked up at the new house. Need about 8 weeks of mild temps to get finished!

I started moving firewood in the house this week, one load each night after work... even though I'm sweatin' while doing it.
I've got a bit over a cord of elm stacked in the basement, and something 'round ½ cord of oak.
Figure on doing a little extra this weekend, and maybe have the job finished before October 1st, something between 7 and 8 cord total... that's the plan anyway (never seems to work out).
When that's done I'll have no more firewood stacked outside... I'll be out of firewood, clean open yard.

I am too. I would like to say I hope there is not much snow, but its been very dry here so we need it.

I started moving firewood in the house this week, one load each night after work... even though I'm sweatin' while doing it.
I've got a bit over a cord of elm stacked in the basement, and something 'round ½ cord of oak.
Figure on doing a little extra this weekend, and maybe have the job finished before October 1st, something between 7 and 8 cord total... that's the plan anyway (never seems to work out).
When that's done I'll have no more firewood stacked outside... I'll be out of firewood, clean open yard.
OT but are you having any luck with your housing deal?

I'm liking the warm fall great for getting some things cough up it also keeps the great Lakes warm for some good lake effect snow in my area still have to do some work on my snowmobile that's gotta find its way in the garage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back