Winter Outlook

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Climate in the pac nw is different than other parts of the country ,The dampness of the air makes it feel colder than it is ,I visited Montana in the summer and winter ,90 there felt like 70 here ,and 20-25 there felt like about 40-45 here ,dampness in winter gets to your bones ,makes it feel colder than it is ,in summer the humidity makes you warmer than it actually is .I really am tough enough to ditch the sweatshirt t 59 ,really i am ,.........Sometimes ;)
yeah we had -10 here this past winter with 90% humidity and it was awful i tell people are cold weather sucks here because of the humidity most times in the winter it is 20-30 degrees with a hard blowing wind and the humidity is close to 100% and it is just awful.

yeah we had -10 here this past winter with 90% humidity and it was awful i tell people are cold weather sucks here because of the humidity most times in the winter it is 20-30 degrees with a hard blowing wind and the humidity is close to 100% and it is just awful.
I can say i have never been in weather colder then the teens ,to get to 20 here is not common ,maybe a few days every couple years ,snow is rare too ,i think last year got none at all .

Climate in the pac nw is different than other parts of the country ,The dampness of the air makes it feel colder than it is ,I visited Montana in the summer and winter ,90 there felt like 70 here ,and 20-25 there felt like about 40-45 here ,dampness in winter gets to your bones ,makes it feel colder than it is ,in summer the humidity makes you warmer than it actually is .I really am tough enough to ditch the sweatshirt t 59 ,really i am ,.........Sometimes ;)

It is 57 ,so sweatshirt is on right now ........
Must be why they tell people not to move there.

,dampness in winter gets to your bones ,makes it feel colder than it is ,in summer the humidity makes you warmer than it actually is .

It is 57 ,so sweatshirt is on right now ........[/QUOTE]
you try and eggsplain that some more,, to some of the !!!!! on here....

I can say i have never been in weather colder then the teens ,to get to 20 here is not common ,maybe a few days every couple years ,snow is rare too ,i think last year got none at all .
show up in ia,,or mn,,when the chill is at 60 or more below..no go outside,,unless fricking necessary.....................

Direct from the FWIW Dept.

We are having one of the heaviest acorn drops in a long time so far this fall. Supposed to indicate a tough winter. I have no idea, but I hope the abundance of acorns keeps the darn squirrels from destroying the bird feeders.

Take Care

I have a giant oak tree in my front yard . The last time I had an over abundance of acorns we had the warmest winter I could remember. . Don't put much faith in that method it's proven to be a myth

Climate in the pac nw is different than other parts of the country
Like I said man, I ain't puttin' ya' down...
But as to the other posts... humidity is relative, 90% humidity at -10° is almost no humidity at all.
At 70° it is equal to less than 4% relative humidity... nose bleed dry.

Meh!! -10 (heck even -20,-30,-40 isn't outta the question) is just around the corner here in the Great Lakes[emoji20]

Here is the weather for my area pretty dang comfy.
NewExtended_full.JPG
And a picture of what the week of February 17, 2015 looked like. A spring day for up north but a nasty nightmare down here because we are use to 40+ degree winters with lows in the upper 20's
10494546_1038896576125058_2784491184275111046_n.jpg

Your not thinking of wind chill are you Oly? The lowest that I can remember is I believe -32.
We had true temp of -60 back in 96' at the NWS certified thermometer about 25 miles from my cabin The town next to them which typically is colder had their thermometer break that night.

We get a -50 every couple of years.

On that note, I've read that at -40, EAB eggs die.

Latest posts

Back