Winter Outlook

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WS, that's good news.

This Spring, the NWS said we would have a hotter and drier than normal summer. I wonder when they took the month of July out of "summer" as we had over 20" of rain that month alone.

Ask me again in March if I believe this winters long range forecast.

I started moving firewood in the house this week, one load each night after work... even though I'm sweatin' while doing it.
I've got a bit over a cord of elm stacked in the basement, and something 'round ½ cord of oak.
Figure on doing a little extra this weekend, and maybe have the job finished before October 1st, something between 7 and 8 cord total... that's the plan anyway (never seems to work out).
When that's done I'll have no more firewood stacked outside... I'll be out of firewood, clean open yard.
You better ger that old 026 fired up and get cuttin

Direct from the FWIW Dept.

We are having one of the heaviest acorn drops in a long time so far this fall. Supposed to indicate a tough winter. I have no idea, but I hope the abundance of acorns keeps the darn squirrels from destroying the bird feeders.

Take Care

Direct from the FWIW Dept.

We are having one of the heaviest acorn drops in a long time so far this fall. Supposed to indicate a tough winter. I have no idea, but I hope the abundance of acorns keeps the darn squirrels from destroying the bird feeders.

Take Care
Last year the acorn mast in upstate NY was absolutely insane. Even after the squirrels took their share the ground was almost completely covered from both red and white oak. And they had the winter of a century.

88 today with 20 something % humidity suppose to be 53 tonight and clear leaves are gradually changing colors.
i think im going to welcome october with open arms because september has SUCKED so far.

59 right now ,glad i have a sweatshirt today
LOL ‼
That's t-shirt weather 'round here... still need a koozie around the beer can.
It's 60° here right now, still dark spittin' some rain, I just came in from my morning smoke on the porch... barefoot and bare-chested.
Probably won't even look for a sweatshirt until we see frost in the mornings, and highs in the 40s.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't puttin' ya' down... I just always find it interesting how people in different areas of the country perceive temperature.
My sister and her husband come visiting from Las Vegas every now and again... they're often bundled in winter parkas, hats and gloves when I'm wearing a flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

Truthfully, if the temperature never went above 65° I'd be happy.
I grew up with a rule... we weren't allowed to go swimming in the lake or river in the mornings until the thermometer said 60°. Not kiddin' ya' one bit.... and we'd cheat that a little if we could (we'd move the thermometer into the sun for a few minutes when mom weren't lookin').

LOL ‼
It's 60° here right now, still dark spittin' some rain, I just came in from my morning smoke on the porch... barefoot and bare-chested.
Probably won't even look for a sweatshirt until we see frost in the mornings, and highs in the 40s.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't puttin' ya' down... I just always find it interesting how people in different areas of the country perceive temperature.
My sister and her husband come visiting from Las Vegas every now and again... they're often bundled in winter parkas, hats and gloves when I'm wearing a flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

I grew up with a rule... we weren't allowed to go swimming in the lake or river in the mornings until the thermometer said 60°. Not kiddin' ya' one bit.... and we'd cheat that a little if we could (we'd move the thermometer into the sun for a few minutes when mom weren't lookin').
We do it too... In the fall when it hits 45 degrees the door to the shop at work goes shut and the heat is on. Come spring if it hits 40 someone will try to leave the door open. Just one of those things.

LOL ‼

Climate in the pac nw is different than other parts of the country ,The dampness of the air makes it feel colder than it is ,I visited Montana in the summer and winter ,90 there felt like 70 here ,and 20-25 there felt like about 40-45 here ,dampness in winter gets to your bones ,makes it feel colder than it is ,in summer the humidity makes you warmer than it actually is .I really am tough enough to ditch the sweatshirt t 59 ,really i am ,.........Sometimes ;)

It is 57 ,so sweatshirt is on right now ........

rather have those rose brand pork brains in milk gravy. bread them with flour then fry in hot lard and get a side of fried eggs and toast to go with it.
make a man out of you.
3973007460_4a50978040.jpg

Latest posts

Back