Winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle John

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Winter has arrived to Central Indiana!
Blizzard warning!
Up to 14" of snow with high wind!
Coming down very hard and fast right now!

It's really comin' down in Rush county. Think I'll keep the hatches buttoned down and stay close to home.

My buddy called and was wantin' to go Jeepin',,,I must be getting old,,or smart,, I told him I wasn't getting any further than the OWB for the next couple days.

We dodged the bullet over here around St. Louie. Got about 7 flakes. It's blowing like crazy and around 30 degrees out so the chill factor is pretty low. A good day for indoor projects. ;o)

Where I live it's low to medium winds with freezing rain @ 31.3 degrees. All things considered, I'll take this over those winds last week any day! :msp_scared:

ETA: Or maybe not. I just went out and looked at the tops of the trees near my house. They sure are leaning heavily TOWARDS MY HOUSE! I also heard several trees breaking from the weight of the freezing rain nearby.

Last edited:
It might miss us up here, I just got the plow mounted on the tractor and were hoping it doesn't make it up this far.

Well here in Seneca County Ohio we are to get maybe 12" or not.

Coming down hard here, I'm guessin an inch an hour...

Wind is out of the NE, my woodshed is open to the N and E! :msp_mad:

We are supposed to get the snow tonight and into tomorrow here. I spent the morning waking up my UNIMOG from its summer nap and putting the snow plows on the tractors. I also finished pushing a pile of rounds out of my way and pulling a dead fall out of the woodlot trail. I can't believe I'm going to say this but....Bring it on. (oh Murphy I hope your not listening).

Brother they can't be any worse than what came through at the end of last week. Lets hope the wet ground doesn't give up a few trees:msp_mellow::msp_mellow:

Shea

Ya, thats it, the ground is super saturated. Aint gonna take much to knock over iffy trees. I did a check on my fences, nothing down yet that I saw. Got some sheet metal flapping on the rotten shed. The wood is gone, wont hold nails or screws I have renailed it down two dozen times and sick of trying...

Our creek just made it to the top of the banks, but didnt flood, you can see it was close though. Man, am I glad I used the tractor and dragged that huge branch out the other day. 100% that would have been pushed downstream and tore up my barricade.

We are supposed to get the snow tonight and into tomorrow here. I spent the morning waking up my UNIMOG from its summer nap and putting the snow plows on the tractors. I also finished pushing a pile of rounds out of my way and pulling a dead fall out of the woodlot trail. I can't believe I'm going to say this but....Bring it on. (oh Murphy I hope your not listening).

You have a UNIMOG!!:rock: So jealous! I've only ever seen them in Germany and Austria, sweet rigs.

A little frosty here this morning, -1F at the house. 12" or more of snow expected tonight and tomorrow. "oh the weather outside is frightfull....."

Got about 18-20" up on the property last week, went up and played in it for a couple days. I had new tires on the truck & wanted to try them out. A unimog would be neat to have for deep snow! I think my woodcutting is done for a couple months though.

We have about 8-10" of leftover from last Thursday and Friday. 29* and NE wind. Yould you guys please keep the snow as I am already sick of the sleders screaming past the abode at 2:00 am doing 60 70 mph. I'm sure they are sober and riding responsably NOT!

Local weather guy's accu forecast; 4 to 18 inches!! A little wiggle room a guess.

Latest posts

Back