Winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac88

Mac88

Addicted to ArboristSite
We dodged the bullet over here around St. Louie. Got about 7 flakes. It's blowing like crazy and around 30 degrees out so the chill factor is pretty low. A good day for indoor projects. ;o)

FLHX Storm

FLHX Storm

ArboristSite Guru
Lost somewhere in the mountains of the southeast!
Where I live it's low to medium winds with freezing rain @ 31.3 degrees. All things considered, I'll take this over those winds last week any day! :msp_scared:

ETA: Or maybe not. I just went out and looked at the tops of the trees near my house. They sure are leaning heavily TOWARDS MY HOUSE! I also heard several trees breaking from the weight of the freezing rain nearby.

Last edited:
TonyK
We are supposed to get the snow tonight and into tomorrow here. I spent the morning waking up my UNIMOG from its summer nap and putting the snow plows on the tractors. I also finished pushing a pile of rounds out of my way and pulling a dead fall out of the woodlot trail. I can't believe I'm going to say this but....Bring it on. (oh Murphy I hope your not listening).

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Brother they can't be any worse than what came through at the end of last week. Lets hope the wet ground doesn't give up a few trees:msp_mellow::msp_mellow:

Shea

Ya, thats it, the ground is super saturated. Aint gonna take much to knock over iffy trees. I did a check on my fences, nothing down yet that I saw. Got some sheet metal flapping on the rotten shed. The wood is gone, wont hold nails or screws I have renailed it down two dozen times and sick of trying...

Our creek just made it to the top of the banks, but didnt flood, you can see it was close though. Man, am I glad I used the tractor and dragged that huge branch out the other day. 100% that would have been pushed downstream and tore up my barricade.

VTWoodchuck

VTWoodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
We are supposed to get the snow tonight and into tomorrow here. I spent the morning waking up my UNIMOG from its summer nap and putting the snow plows on the tractors. I also finished pushing a pile of rounds out of my way and pulling a dead fall out of the woodlot trail. I can't believe I'm going to say this but....Bring it on. (oh Murphy I hope your not listening).

You have a UNIMOG!!:rock: So jealous! I've only ever seen them in Germany and Austria, sweet rigs.

A little frosty here this morning, -1F at the house. 12" or more of snow expected tonight and tomorrow. "oh the weather outside is frightfull....."

Big_Al

Big_Al

ArboristSite Guru
Got about 18-20" up on the property last week, went up and played in it for a couple days. I had new tires on the truck & wanted to try them out. A unimog would be neat to have for deep snow! I think my woodcutting is done for a couple months though.

Fifelaker

Fifelaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
We have about 8-10" of leftover from last Thursday and Friday. 29* and NE wind. Yould you guys please keep the snow as I am already sick of the sleders screaming past the abode at 2:00 am doing 60 70 mph. I'm sure they are sober and riding responsably NOT!