Wireless log splitter...has anyone done it? If so how?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climbhightree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a mini skid steer with a log grapple, and I have been thinking of using it to load the splitter. But I dont want to be jumping on and off of the mini all the time to activate the splitter. Was wondering if there was a way to use a wireless remote to activate the valves on the splitter?

I know they have them for dumps on truck. And seen one video on youtube were it seemed one guy rigged one up. Just looking for some suggestion on how this would be done.

Youtube video log splitter wireless remote control - YouTube

If you have a r/c car group in your area or even radio shack , they will get you in the right direction.

You'll need the valves, something like this: Surplus Center - 12 VDC 10 GPM OC DA SOLENOID VALVE

Then you wire in a wireless remote control like one of these three:
Surplus Center - 40 AMP 12 VDC MOTOR-REVERSING WIRELESS CONTROLLER
Surplus Center - 251200 RAMSEY WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL
Surplus Center - 12 VDC 7 CHANNEL WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL

These are just examples, you might need a valve rated for higher flow, then pick the style of remote control you want. You will also need 12vdc available on the machine as it will be pulling several amps anytime you activate the valve.

It is a simple set up, just plumb in the valve and then wire up the control. Add batteries to the remotes and you're good to go.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back