Wirsbo performance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD-tech-NH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am planning to add heat to my second story. I want to use radiant heat. I am wondering how it would perform with carpet. Does any one have this setup? Also are there any light weight options for my wirsbo line intall instead of the standard plywood with the channels? I plan on running my lines above the sub floor. Any ideas ? Thanks

Tim

I have the wirsbo plywood channel setup on my second floor, I think they're called quick tracks. Not sure if there is another above floor option, but the quick tracks work awesome for me.

Cool how thick was the quick tracks? Did you put some kind of vapor barrier below it? Also what kind of flooring do you have over the radiant?

Tim

I believe the quick tracks were 3/4". No vapor barrier below, there is an aluminum plate built into the tracks to reflect heat up. I have 3/4" white oak flooring above.

checked it out. Its very expensive... maybe I'll go with baseboards and carpet. I have radiant on the first floor.

Check out Wirsbo/Uponor website, see if you can score the design manual...carpet, wood, gypcrete, have different design requirements.

Latest posts

Back