Wiseco Piston and Hybrid Ceramic Bearings from Dominant Saws for 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested to see how much compression it will make. I think I'd still rather have a flat top.

IMHO, popup vs flattop is much ado about nothing. Here are two 661s built identically, except one has a popup and one a cut squishband. The one with the popup holds more RPMs in the cut, even with a heavy load. Add to that, that I had forgotten to add bar lube to the saw with a popup. Yes, I pulled a Wiggs, lol :)

Yes. Do you know what P to C clearance should be? I'm hoping to avoid the scuffing I encountered with the 066 Wiseco piston I tested from Baileys.
Many a guy has had that problem with Wiseco pistons. The nick name for them is Seizco.
I really like them. They are tough as nails and when clearanced correctly work great. The also will no crack a skirt like a cast piston if the p to c clearance opens up from wear.

IMHO, popup vs flattop is much ado about nothing. Here are two 661s built identically, except one has a popup and one a cut squishband. The one with the popup holds more RPMs in the cut, even with a heavy load. Add to that, that I had forgotten to add bar lube to the saw with a popup. Yes, I pulled a Wiggs, lol :)

Is this a drop in or will you have to cut the base for ideal squish? I was just thinking of it doesn't work and you had to go back to a flat top.

I'd much prefer a uncut piston with a machined squish. One area I think saw builders are missing the boat and one that nets pretty large gains is adjusting the angle and width of the squish band.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dominant-Sa...-50mm-Husky-/121770823546?hash=item1c5a1b4f7a

"They are direct replacement and significant upgrade to the OEM 50mm piston. Single, thin 1mm, chrome ring, lighter weight 7g less, and lower thermal expansion (higher silicon and only Wiseco know the numbers) add up to a piston many times better than OEM or other replacements. These have domed crowns for boosted compression and improved in cut rpms."

I'd much prefer a uncut piston with a machined squish. One area I think saw builders are missing the boat and one that nets pretty large gains is adjusting the angle and width of the squish band.

You need to catch up on what's being done lately.

Not much you can do about the width.

The deeper the cut, the wider it gets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dominant-Sa...-50mm-Husky-/121770823546?hash=item1c5a1b4f7a

"They are direct replacement and significant upgrade to the OEM 50mm piston. Single, thin 1mm, chrome ring, lighter weight 7g less, and lower thermal expansion (higher silicon and only Wiseco know the numbers) add up to a piston many times better than OEM or other replacements. These have domed crowns for boosted compression and improved in cut rpms."
I would find it very interesting if this piston had both a higher silicon content and was lighter than stock. Wiseco pistons have always been heavier than the stock pistons they replaced IME. Not that that's a bad thing. They take abuse that will crack a stock piston in short order.. However they don't seem to deal with heat as well and melt easier than a cast piston.

Brad, your pop-up 661 is simply astonishing !!
Great job !!!
Any idea what RPM's she was turning

Please dont forget to make that new thread ................ i will be watching for it !!

Latest posts

Back