Wiseco Piston and Hybrid Ceramic Bearings from Dominant Saws for 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to only build popup saws and have only cut the squish band for a couple years and on most saws i can't tell a difference but if your exhaust is 95 stock a popup ain't fixing that. In my motorcycle engine days we used wiesco and never had any problems.

Holy good golly, I go out of my way to try and make pistons that look like that...wow..

12-L.jpg

I used to only build popup saws and have only cut the squish band for a couple years and on most saws i can't tell a difference but if your exhaust is 95 stock a popup ain't fixing that. In my motorcycle engine days we used wiesco and never had any problems.
I cut the squishband on 066/660s.

Is the dominant logo on the piston on there permanently, or is it a decal that must be removed?

I just thought that since this is essentially a racing piston if it was supposed to serve as a kind of wear gauge. When so much of the logo was gone to replace the piston. Or is it just to be pretty.

I've ran 60+ mm wiseco's as tight as .0013" on the clearance in air cooled kart engines turning WAY past 15k... But you'd better be vigilant about warmup.

After more than 5 months, I finally have a test bed for these bearings and Wiseco piston from Dominant Saws. This beautiful 2171 has some pretty cool internals.

This saw lived it's previous life as a rescue saw from Cutters Edge. Unbeknown to me, the PTO side crank seal had badly wallowed out the case, and the crank was damaged as well. I put it back together with a new OEM case and a good used OEM crank. Squish was .037" so the cylinder base was cut .017", netting a final squish of .020". The exhaust port was de-carboned and polished. Otherwise, this saw is 100% stock. Initial compression after the first heat cycle was 152 PSI. After a little run time, and as time permits, I'll be going back in to fully mod this saw. After the first couple heat cycles, the piston looks great, as seen below.

2171_9-L.jpg

2171_1-L.jpg

2171_4-L.jpg

2171_6-L.jpg

2171_5-L.jpg

2171_7-L.jpg

2171_8-L.jpg

I appreciate that. If and when I do sell it, or won't be until after I'm done testing with it. That will include full mods.

Well heck. Brad we may disagree on some stuff, but I think we can agree on the fact that this saw is one of the best, and not just looking.

really cool try out of the wiseco. i'm a little disappointed the base had to be turned though and then even after being turned you only got 152psi out of it. i see more then that on 98% of the 372's i delete the gasket on. will be interesting to see if it goes up some and how it runs. you gonna make a vid for us brad?

Back