Wiseco Piston and Hybrid Ceramic Bearings from Dominant Saws for 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice lawn there too Brad!

that's not really a lawn. it's a hydroponic astro turf pad in his basement. he spends alot of time caring for it so he can take some beauty saw photo's. he told me he ported the hydroponic system and it's been out of control. this is why you see brad posting pics of saws in nice lush grass in the middle of winter :)

I've always thought it would be interesting to have a yard of goat heads. I'd never have to worry about the dogs running away!

I don't normally work on saws on week nights, but was anxious to see this 2171 ported. So, I tackled the job last night and finished it up this evening. WOW!!!! I do believe this is the strongest 70cc class saw I've ever built. This thing is just insane! It make ridiculous RPMs and pulls like a mule. I love it! I think I have a new favorite saw :)

So is this piston worth it? I'm going to build myself a 372/2171 and was eyeballing these pistons again.

I figure it's probably 10 grams or more lighter than a meteor. They're always heavier than what they replace from what I've seen

Anyone ran the V3 piston?
Sounds like it may more of a finished product. More dome, something changed intake timing.

Wonder if the 52mm Stihl MS-460 piston will work in a 52mm xpw cylinder? Sposedly was coming in December.

Yea I'm curious also how snellings saw or anyone else whose used this piston has held up. There is an article on the dominant site about the titanium wrist pin not lasting, so probably not a good option for a work saw. And also heard the rings on the piston don't last? How has yours held up, as well as the bearings. Is it worth installing these parts over say a husky 268 pop up piston in a 372 or is this dominant piston the best answer?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back