Wiseco Piston and Hybrid Ceramic Bearings from Dominant Saws for 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured it would be expensive.. but I will say it looks very nicely finished.. you get what you pay for.

Back in my Rx7 days, I put about $10,000 into an engine, best of everything went into it, additional dowel pins, apex seals that cost $200 each (x6), and lots and lots of porting... I didn't own it long enough to push it to it's limits by far.. but it made 375 RWHP at just 11 PSI of boost... and a buddy of mine with a very similar engine did push his to the limits.. he got 875 RWHP at 48 PSI on race gas from 1.3L.. he also daily drove it (at about 500 rwhp pump gas) and it lived for about 50,000 miles.. The castings gave out and cracked at that point.

Power, Reliablility, Cost. Pick 2!
I doubt you can get the best of the first 2 without the 3rd

Yea I'm curious also how snellings saw or anyone else whose used this piston has held up. There is an article on the dominant site about the titanium wrist pin not lasting, so probably not a good option for a work saw. And also heard the rings on the piston don't last? How has yours held up, as well as the bearings. Is it worth installing these parts over say a husky 268 pop up piston in a 372 or is this dominant piston the best answer?
I’ve got at least ten tanks through mine and everything seems fine...

Mine has the stock wrist pin and bearings. It was in such good shape, it seemed like a waste to replace the bearings.

I’ve got at least ten tanks through mine and everything seems fine...

Mine has the stock wrist pin and bearings. It was in such good shape, it seemed like a waste to replace the bearings.
Is the cylinder ported or any other mods or just the piston? And how does it compare

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I do love a shameless plug :D

About 2 years in the design phase of this model, bouncing around in the heads of smart chainsaw gurus. After some bizarre manufacturing glitches and a lot of weeping and pleading we are really happy with these.

All pistons 1mm single ring, centered on intake, lightened, with coatings to ring land
346xp ne 44.3mm pop-up - one on hold for Adirondackstihl raffle, sold out
346xp ne 44.3mm flat top race - one on hold for Adirondackstihl raffle, sold out
MS661 pop-up 56mm - ring incompatible with Stihl plating, three in stock, new rings in the works from Total Seal
MS66o pop-up 54mm pop-up - windowless, ring incompatible with Stihl plating, sold out
MS660 pop-up 56mm big bore - windowless, ring incompatible with Stihl plating, sold out
365 Special 48mm race, one on hold for customer, sold out
372xp 50mm race, three in stock
372xpw 51.4mm race, one in stock
372 big bore 52mm race, sold out
3140 husqvarna 62mm big bore, more than 5 in stock

A bunch of smart builders grabbed some up this past weekend at the Hedgefest races and we had all 10 models on hand for fondling and show and tell :)
I am planning to take the ten samples and a a few of the pieces we still have in stock to Michigan for EJs GTG this weekend and any of the other GTGs i can attend this year.

We have a lot of other models in the works already, we try to get a lot of input from racers and builders ahead of time and put the product in the hand of real saw men to torture test and try to destroy in the woods before offering any for sale.

Upcoming:
60mm windowed 1mm and 1.2mm single ring race and pop up versions for 084/088/ms880/3120
181 full circle skirt thin ring race
281 full circle single ring 1.2mm race and pop up
288 full circle single 1mm ring race and 1.2mm pop up
MS661 race and pop up versions 1.2mm ring
MS660 54 and 56mm race and pop up 1.2mm single ring
346xp ne and oe race and pop up 1mm single ring
Race and pop up versions for 7900, 2100, 044, 046, ms461, 056 mag2, 166

Some years back I was searching sources for a piston for an obscure Italian saw I found one on Ebay It when it came it was a Garelli It's the best made piston I've ever come across some time later I tried to contact the address on the box but never received a reply maybe taken over /gone out of business Shame it was a quality bit of kit I know that a company of the same name produced Mopeds & small capacity moto bikes but think this was a different company with the same name Any one else heard/come across them?

Race and pop up versions for 2100...
Dave, I have a few questions for you. What are the price of the 372 50mm pistons, is it on your site?

Do you know what the 2100 piston will cost yet?

What do you think about using any of the 372 pistons in a work saw?

Dave, I have a few questions for you. What are the price of the 372 50mm pistons, is it on your site?

I would like to know how it runs in a work saw.

I do love a shameless plug :D

About 2 years in the design phase of this model, bouncing around in the heads of smart chainsaw gurus. After some bizarre manufacturing glitches and a lot of weeping and pleading we are really happy with these.

All pistons 1mm single ring, centered on intake, lightened, with coatings to ring land
346xp ne 44.3mm pop-up - one on hold for Adirondackstihl raffle, sold out
346xp ne 44.3mm flat top race - one on hold for Adirondackstihl raffle, sold out
MS661 pop-up 56mm - ring incompatible with Stihl plating, three in stock, new rings in the works from Total Seal
MS66o pop-up 54mm pop-up - windowless, ring incompatible with Stihl plating, sold out
MS660 pop-up 56mm big bore - windowless, ring incompatible with Stihl plating, sold out
365 Special 48mm race, one on hold for customer, sold out
3140 husqvarna 62mm big bore, more than 5 in stock

A bunch of smart builders grabbed some up this past weekend at the Hedgefest races and we had all 10 models on hand for fondling and show and tell :)
I am planning to take the ten samples and a a few of the pieces we still have in stock to Michigan for EJs GTG this weekend and any of the other GTGs i can attend this year.

We have a lot of other models in the works already, we try to get a lot of input from racers and builders ahead of time and put the product in the hand of real saw men to torture test and try to destroy in the woods before offering any for sale.

Upcoming:
60mm windowed 1mm and 1.2mm single ring race and pop up versions for 084/088/ms880/3120
181 full circle skirt thin ring race
281 full circle single ring 1.2mm race and pop up
288 full circle single 1mm ring race and 1.2mm pop up
MS661 race and pop up versions 1.2mm ring
MS660 54 and 56mm race and pop up 1.2mm single ring
346xp ne and oe race and pop up 1mm single ring
Race and pop up versions for 7900, 2100, 044, 046, ms461, 056 mag2, 166

Do you have any videos with the saws running?

The 372 models are specifically for racing, there will be pop-up performance models as well but the race pistons are all flat tops.
The only work saw pistons out there are in some of the 346xps, i will look for some footage.
Most of the pistons will be $125-150 shipped , they willl be added to to the website soon.
Thanks
Dave

The 372 models are specifically for racing, there will be pop-up performance models as well but the race pistons are all flat tops.
The only work saw pistons out there are in some of the 346xps, i will look for some footage.
Most of the pistons will be $125-150 shipped , they willl be added to to the website soon.
Thanks
Dave
Thanks for explaining. I'm surprised that the race saw pistons are flat top and the non-race pistons are pop-ups. I'd be tempted to run the flat top in a ported work saw.

Maybe I'm missing something... are the race pistons manufactured with an extra large compression height so they have to be machined to spec by builder before they can be used? Or are they drop in ready to use?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just trying to understand the product. If this is already explained on your site then let me know, I won't ask you to reiterate.

Thanks for explaining. I'm surprised that the race saw pistons are flat top and the non-race pistons are pop-ups. I'd be tempted to run the flat top in a ported work saw.

Maybe I'm missing something... are the race pistons manufactured with an extra large compression height so they have to be machined to spec by builder before they can be used? Or are they drop in ready to use?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just trying to understand the product. If this is already explained on your site then let me know, I won't ask you to reiterate.
The pistons can be used for any purpose. The popups are for drop in compression increase. I think Dave is using "race" as slang. They are flat because compression can be increased with two piece or squish cut. Just two options will have available.

I've been using 346 popup in a stock cylinder with no issues.

Shawn is say me word better than i do :) Thank you sir.

I think of the flat tops as race pistons because compression in race saws can be raised in several ways as @SquareFile mentioned, many of mine have two piece heads and other tomfoolery.

Only the 10 models at the top have been produced, it a slow process, you can assume the 166 race pistons will be awesome, in about a year :)
Dave

OK so they can be used in worksaws if the builder knows what he's doing and adjusts the cylinder instead? (For the flat top 372 pistons)In that case what is the website that I can buy these from?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back