Wiseco piston update from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sako Forester L597 .243

227349532_CvQSU-L.jpg

227349536_pyhAN-L.jpg

100 yd groups

301989889_azb6T-L.jpg

They have to get to work, they need gas money.:)

Good point. I get alot of, excuse my french, ole rednecks that come in the shop. They got Fords, Rams and Chevys with huge tires, gun racks in the back window, huge roll bars with flood lights, side steps on the cab. They all wear JD hats and most times a wad of tobacco in thier mouth. I always ask them what kinda milage ya get in that thing. Some lie and say 17-18, some tell the truth, 8-10,LOL

Once, not hardly, many yes. I don't know what part of the country it was but the show showed people up on the tops of their homes, I never seen snow like that.

You sat in the sun yesterday, hope you got sunburned so bad they mistake you for a red light in heavy morning traffic, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,LOL

ha ha ha.. LOL. I'm on the WET COAST.

You must of seen the 200T vid I did a few days ago?? I was in a T-shirt, grass was green, LOL LOL, you want the link!!

Now that there is a gun.

it is a nice one for sure!

i prefer one with just a hint more power ;)

.308 or 7.62 nato, now a .50 caliber bolt action is just fun.
no i don't own these guns.....yet....... i got a tree to cut up first:clap:

then i may see if he will trade me for an 066

That 243 is a great varmit gun. I used to have a Model 700 Remminton with a 12x Leupold scope. Shot good. Reloaded my own, neat hobby. Course that was 25 years ago. I think my most accurate load was a 100 grain Serria hollow point, Winchester case, Federal 200 primer and 48 grains of Dupont 4831 gun powder. The more you fill the case to the hilt the better the groups. Neck sizing the case helps too.

Reloading was fun but babies came along that ended reloading, I was still firing though,hahahahaha

You would think, but no. I've toyed with the idea before. But I'd be forever looking for the perfect recipe.

I looked but don't have pics of my custom fluted stainless Ruger 10/22.

Can't believe it, felt for sure you would. With a gun like that a well prepared reload will give you 3 shots at 100 yards making one slightly enlarged hole. The brothers and me were into reloading hot and heavy for along time. We loaded thousands of rounds and got it down pat. We knew exactly what load shot the best in each gun. We had all the Dupont powders, all different brand primers, cases and far as bullets, we used Serria, Hornady, Speer and Nosler. Serria seemed to be the most accurate of the three but the Hornady was the deadly one far as expanding on impact. Its a hobby where you can measure your results very easy. Put in a bad load, those groups get big, real big..

I might as well make you guys mad again and tell you guys how I got the Sako. I was up in Findlay in a gun shop and heard a guy talking about a couple Colt Pythons he had. I ended up getting the nicest of the pair. It was a nearly mint in Royal Blue. I got it for $450! But that's not where it ends. A week later I was back home in a gun store and a fellow mentioned this Sako. I had been wanting a bull barreled .243 for a while, but a Sako was out of my range. I followed this guy to his home to check out his rifle. If I recall, it's a 1958 model but is in nearly mint condition, including the rifling. I traded the Python for it straight across. Obviously, it's not the original stock. It's a very nice stock, but I'd love to have a beautiful wood Monte Carlo stock on it someday. Anyway, that's the story about my Sako:)

Can't believe it, felt for sure you would. With a gun like that a well prepared reload will give you 3 shots at 100 yards making one slightly enlarged hole. The brothers and me were into reloading hot and heavy for along time. We loaded thousands of rounds and got it down pat. We knew exactly what load shot the best in each gun. We had all the Dupont powders, all different brand primers, cases and far as bullets, we used Serria, Hornady, Speer and Nosler. Serria seemed to be the most accurate of the three but the Hornady was the deadly one far as expanding on impact. Its a hobby where you can measure your results very easy. Put in a bad load, those groups get big, real big..

I would guess you could shoot on your own property. I've never had that ability. And like everything else, I knew if I ever started loading, I'd obcess on it, lol.

Here's what I love about it. A .243 can shoot a 55-58 grain bullet with the same velocity and trajectory a 22-.250 or 220 Swift can a 40 gr bullet. Then if you can throw different ammo in it and go for larger game like antelope, etc. Doesn't get much more versitle than that.

Yup. The best arguments I ever seen among my brothers were over one having a 243 and the other a 6mm. They went around and around and around. Then one had a 22/250 and the other had a 220 Swift, same deal, arguing all the time. All toll at that time we probably went through well over 100 rifles of different makes and calibers. Today, none of us shoot a gun hardly at all, all those rifles are long gone. Was fun back in the day though. I got one gun now that I count on, I hope I never have to use. Let me get my camera, I'll show where it stays..

I would guess you could shoot on your own property. I've never had that ability. And like everything else, I knew if I ever started loading, I'd obcess on it, lol.

Well I gotta say reloading was more fun than chainsaws, much more fun for one reason. The art of it is one thing but you still have to be able to shoot the gun. Thats where the fun was. 4 brothers shooting off a bench with tripods and sandbags and all 4 trying to measure 3 shot groups that were many times just one enlarged hole. The guy who's hole was the smallest got bragging rights,LOL

attachment.php

This is the only gun I rely on. Someone breaks in during the nite I'm not gonna get up, nope , I'm gonna reach over and when the door opens, surprize. Hopefully I'll never have to use that thing. BTW, its loaded with what they call Wadcutters. The hole them they make is awesome. Hit a guy in the chest or gut with that he's history somekinda fast..

Here's whats in that gun for those that may not know what wadcutter is. The copper shell around the lead is pre cut with 8 small grooves. When it impacts something the bullet expands real fast leaving a huge hole on its way out. Nailed a groundhog with it a few years back. He was stealing my cukes out in the garden, he never knew what hit him but his insides came out his backside about 20 feet past him, nasty bullet, one deadly mofo..

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back