Without a doubt, the crappiest STIHL ever produced...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How am I full of crap? I know it's a Cutoff saw...duhhh

We have 2 waiting to be picked up right now, one is nearly identical to my 08S, but it has the huge cone air filter on the back. Then the OTHER one is all plastic, and has a very squared off case with a big square filter on the back. It is this one that feels brittle. I thought they were both 350's though. Oh well, I know the older one is a 350.

You are saying that the plasticy one has to be a TS-400 then, right?

Ive used em. I test out cutoff saws on Cinder blocks.

obtw, anyone else just refer to them as "demo saws"?

Or the 460 or any of the others. Feel "BRITTLE"???? lolololol

The guys that use these make loggers look like brain surgeons... (the delicacy of the operation... not the IQ!) .. and they last and last..

What is it you want? a honking heavy cast iron saw? lololol Sounds like you need a few Homelite ZIP's to play with.

attachment.php

Red this is the TS-400...

Yup, thats the big blocky one. I had to do a recoil repair on it. I hate those little clips, seems like 1 in 10, the thing gets halfway in and "toing"...followed by me scurrying around on the shop floor hoping to find it..:bang:

It seems like the folks that use these things have 0 concern for them. So far a bunch have come in "no power". First thing I go is take off the air filter cover, filter case, and the element and knock out all the masonery dust. Clean the prefilter. I mean, It's a cinch to do, but these guys could save some money if they'd invest in a T-Handle T-27 Torx driver....

No, Im not going to tell them this...:) :)

No one seems to want to buy the larger, more powerful models. They get the 350, or now I guess the 400 and beat the pizz out of them...

Or the 460 or any of the others. Feel "BRITTLE"???? lolololol

The guys that use these make loggers look like brain surgeons... (the delicacy of the operation... not the IQ!) .. and they last and last..

What is it you want? a honking heavy cast iron saw? lololol Sounds like you need a few Homelite ZIP's to play with.

Ive got a Kohler K-532QS that would me a sweet saw engine...20hp Twin, it onyl weighs about 200 lbs...:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Dont think Ive worked on many bigger than the 350 and 400, like I said, the users buy the lowest one and wail on it.

Im fully aware of what it is, :censored:

And I never claimed ot have one, I said I worked on them. I got no use for one of these things, Id kill myself trying to find something to use it on...lol

Ok...however, I would highlight that you only referred to to it as a "saw" in your post. Most people when debating the worth of a chainsaw (ie: the 280 as in your case) would differentiate a cutoff saw from a saw when the topic shifted to it. I noticed that you didn't, but I can now see that you're clearly well versed in the saw as being a STIHL advocate. Enjoy Red! :cheers:

Last edited:
The 350 hasn't been made for 8 years or so..

really, wow, I see alot of em.

I know if this guy doent come get the 350 SOON, Im going to take the coil off and put it on my 08S...:clap: :clap: It's been a while, I could do it now. We only give you 30 days from notification of completion, then it will be sold or discarded...usually sold.

Dont know why I thought the larger blocky saw would be badged the TS-350...Ive ordered parts for it, and wrote down TS-400. Oh well.

I know the rev limiter sounds cool as all hell on these suckers. Wind it up till the blade starts to make that metallic whine noise....All is well in the universe.

you let off the throttle and it starts to wind down, takes a while, with a few of those "pops" on the way down, and right when you think it is going to shut off, it just idles.

The 350's are nice, I dont like the choke, just like I dont like the choke on my 08S..but it does work.

The 400's just dont feel as stout, in my mind.

The rev limiter on the TS350 is just a dump valve in the carb - floods the engine when the vibrations (plenty!) match the valve setting. Belch smoke.... run like crap.. but it works..

The rev limiter on the TS350 is just a dump valve in the carb - floods the engine when the vibrations (plenty!) match the valve setting. Belch smoke.... run like crap.. but it works..

hmm, on the ones Ive messed with, it almost sounds like a spark cutout.

Like it revs, then buh, buh buh buh buh buh....

But it does work, quite well.

On the 08S, the rev limiter is that darn Air Vane attached to the choke. I cant say that works as well.

hmm, on the ones Ive messed with, it almost sounds like a spark cutout.

Like it revs, then buh, buh buh buh buh buh....

But it does work, quite well.

On the 08S, the rev limiter is that darn Air Vane attached to the choke. I cant say that works as well.

The 400 has an electronic spark skip limiter, but not the 350.

I just wanted to throw a big THANKS to you know who for neg repping me for this thread..."one day you'll find out what real quality is" .....Thats just classy bro.

Last edited:
Dont look at me...........I did not rep you in anyway ........

Nope, wasnt you. In fact he hasnt even posted in this thread I dont think.

My last 2 reps from this thread..

One day you will learn what real quality is.

----------------------------------

Agreed. Stihl sucks. Glad to not be the only one here in my 20's

Latest posts

Back