Women with chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me see, back in 1981 I got a call asking if I wanted to try out "thinning".
I needed the money so said ok. Got handed the saw, got told here's how you start it don't hurt yourself. I struggled through the day and survived. Crawled (literally)out of bed every morning that first week. The guys made me mad so I wasn't going to quit. I finally figured it out and was keeping up. We were dumping lodgepole that would go to the mill today, but then it was too small.
At the end of the job, the guys confessed they had bets on how long I'd last for the first day. The second time I joined them, we had others on the crew.
The snow got too deep and I got the compliment from the boss of being one of the few who was getting decent production, 6 hrs of cutting a day. No, it wasn't really big stuff but the saw was heavier than what is available now. Now I'm once again running a saw when needed, bucking out roads, and then whining and soaking in the hot tub afterwards. I don't want to fall any trees cuz I can't run very fast anymore if things go awry. That's all I got to say except, should I paint my fingernails orange to match the saw on those days when I get called to cut a road open? :hmm3grin2orange:

Let me see, back in 1981 I got a call asking if I wanted to try out "thinning".
I needed the money so said ok. Got handed the saw, got told here's how you start it don't hurt yourself. I struggled through the day and survived. Crawled (literally)out of bed every morning that first week. The guys made me mad so I wasn't going to quit. I finally figured it out and was keeping up. We were dumping lodgepole that would go to the mill today, but then it was too small.
At the end of the job, the guys confessed they had bets on how long I'd last for the first day. The second time I joined them, we had others on the crew.
The snow got too deep and I got the compliment from the boss of being one of the few who was getting decent production, 6 hrs of cutting a day. No, it wasn't really big stuff but the saw was heavier than what is available now. Now I'm once again running a saw when needed, bucking out roads, and then whining and soaking in the hot tub afterwards. I don't want to fall any trees cuz I can't run very fast anymore if things go awry. That's all I got to say except, should I paint my fingernails orange to match the saw on those days when I get called to cut a road open? :hmm3grin2orange:

HAHAHAHA! Good post!:)

Gary

AS a matter of fact, the more I go out and help derek cut/split/drop/etc. the more he is willing to help around the house. If there were a place around where i live that i could cut for production, belive me i probably would.

You probably put the fear into Derek with you throwing those axes all over the place. He probably feels safer in the house than outside.:D

You probably put the fear into Derek with you throwing those axes all over the place. He probably feels safer in the house than outside.:D

LOL, i dont know about that, my throwin axe sleeps inside and is only an arm reach away, sometimes i dont think he is safe inside OR outside. LOL! Just Kiddin, i wouldnt do anything like that to my honey!!

I'm taller than 5'!!

Lou, you gypped me 4" bye!

(the term 'bye' is the Bermudian equivalent of 'man', and can be used to as a greeting, admonishment, express annoyment or just for emphasis!!!)

Hey bye! - Hi there!
Wassappnin bye! - whats up dude!
Bye, wasswrongwiffyou!!! - idiot
Bye, ya wrong you know - that was uncalled for

Accompanied with appropriate accent, teeth sucking and eye rolling can be devastating (positive or negative) to the 'bye' in question.:hmm3grin2orange:

Another kind of chainsaw picture...

That is at the kitchen table, at the cottage.

This is that saws first "victim"!

Last edited:
Yeap a good lookin saw and good lookin lady to boot. But man check out that corn behind the garage. Must be Iowa!!!!!!!
LOL
Bob

She don't yet but she is wanting too and I'm going to get one in her hands ASAP!

Gave her the splitting axe today...more practice and she'll get'er!

The corn is tall and looking good. Lucked out with all the storms that have rolled through lately as there doesn't seem to be any damage. Just wish it was mine!

I've posted a lot of "what not to do" videos but I think it's sexiest when a woman actually knows what she's doing with a saw in her hands. Here are some photos of some female sawyers from the WWW that seem to know what they are doing.

Latest posts

Back