WOO-HOO Finally "finished" & burning!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photographs...know what I mean...know what I mean...nudge... nudge...???

Let us see the fruits of your labor.

Stay warm

132 out of the registers is HOT !!! Won't take you long to heat up the house with those temps. The best I could get out of my registers was mid 120s at best, which was better than my propane was doing, 118.

Here is a pic of how I read them.

reading_400.jpg

Last edited:
Yea the wife says that after 8 years she's finally warm in this old house :clap:.

I used a turkey thermometer from the kitchen. Not sure how accurate that is but the Taylor has stayed at a steady 175*.

I found some pics of the installation process. Now I have to figure out how to get them on here...

Took some pictures, now trying to figure out how to resize cause it says they're too big...

Borrowed an infared thermo. I'm getting around 160* at the heat exchanger so I've got about a 15-20 degree loss in the ~100' from the burner to the phlenum (SP???)

The closest register reads 137*, the furthest reads 110*.

Its 18* outside right now :clap:

132 out of the registers is HOT !!! Won't take you long to heat up the house with those temps. The best I could get out of my registers was mid 120s at best, which was better than my propane was doing, 118.

Here is a pic of how I read them.

reading_400.jpg

FYI the IR thermometer that you are using there only ready surface temps. More than likely you are reading the temp of the gold grate there. To measure air temp you would need a probe like the turkey thermometer and let it sit in the vent for about 3-5 mins to get an actual air temp reading.

Took some pictures, now trying to figure out how to resize cause it says they're too big...

Borrowed an infared thermo. I'm getting around 160* at the heat exchanger so I've got about a 15-20 degree loss in the ~100' from the burner to the phlenum (SP???)

The closest register reads 137*, the furthest reads 110*.

Its 18* outside right now :clap:

not sure if M$ has any software to resize, but photoshop and paintshop will allow you to resize and save to make them smaller..or increase the jpeg compression..

linux and unix, gimp owns the image editing world....

FYI the IR thermometer that you are using there only ready surface temps. More than likely you are reading the temp of the gold grate there. To measure air temp you would need a probe like the turkey thermometer and let it sit in the vent for about 3-5 mins to get an actual air temp reading.

I was wondering about that. Wouldn't they be pretty close though? I mean the air is flowing over the metal so if its light thin metal then it should heat to air temp pretty quick right?

I was wondering about that. Wouldn't they be pretty close though? I mean the air is flowing over the metal so if its light thin metal then it should heat to air temp pretty quick right?

It is going to give you a relatively close reading, But typically the air temp itself will actually be 2-5 degrees warmer than the metal surfaces.

Different metals absorb the heat differently as well. So aluminum will absorb more than steel but will get rid of it faster as well.

Latest posts

Back