Wood Bandits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsaw1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well it happened to me today when i was at work (and i just was reading another post that he said the same thing happened to him) i got home and a face cord was missing right in the front of where i stack, and i just got done stacking last night from the wood that i went and cut and split this weekend. How can someone do such a thing.

He better hope i dont find out who it was, i will wait intill the middle of winter and go over and light his whole wood pile on fire and see how he likes that.

I mean if you need wood that bad just ask me and i probaly give it 2 you or help you cut some, i am always looking for a cutting partner but dont steal it from me.

Sorry im just venting.

My wife and neighbor thought I was nuts when I spent the better part of a day hauling wheel barrows of wood in to the corner of my lot. Would have been really easy to just stack the wood by the driveway where it was delivered. But, I know a few people who had their firewood stolen just like you did. There are some real dirtbags out there. Sorry for your aggravation.

No one saw anyone but most all my neibhors work, i have a German Shepared and he was locked in the garage, i think he will stay outside from now on.

That bites.

Sorry to hear.

Leave that dog outside, put up some beware of dog signs (for your own protection), and good luck with keeping those ******* away from your woodpile.

Dang

That makes me a'scairt. I live out away from anyone and have thought many times about this scenario. I guess if someone really wanted my wood they'd just come and take it during the day when we're gone...

Did you call the cops anyway? Sometimes stuff like that, someones doing it all over - I'd at least file a report on it. I hope they catch the s.o.b.'s

No i havent yet, that is just a joke anyway they are so anxious to get back to their donuts that they are only their because they have to be and when they leave that is the last of that.

Low life scum! They're just too lazy to cut their own.

I have fears of the same myself, but I'm hoping the locals are too lazy to steal the wood. The :censored:s did cut the catalytic converter out from under my unlicensed wood hauling truck(farm truck).

Boobytraps are just a good way to get sued. Get one of those game cameras with infrared flash, take their picture, and PROSECUTE!

Sorry to hear that some of your wood was stolen. With so many threads about stealing wood I am becoming more and more paranoid about all of mine in my backyard and driveway.

I had a some stolen from behind my dads a few weeks ago. My neighbor and I are cuttng up some trees the county had piled up for us and he was back one day and cut some up for me, but I wasn't able to get back to get it right away and the next time he went back it was gone. Dad has been keeping a close eye out now and has run off two different trucks driving by slow eyeing it up.

Kyle

I haven't lost any firewood but I lost 15 cherry logs lask week. All were cut to 8 foot long and 15 to 20 inches in dia. Someone drove in to the house next door unloaded a skid steer and loaded up. I figured I was safe to leave them there because they were in the woods and out of sight. I guess it is just a few less I have to saw into boards. I don't even want to figure up the loss.

I haven't lost any firewood but I lost 15 cherry logs lask week. All were cut to 8 foot long and 15 to 20 inches in dia. Someone drove in to the house next door unloaded a skid steer and loaded up. I figured I was safe to leave them there because they were in the woods and out of sight. I guess it is just a few less I have to saw into boards. I don't even want to figure up the loss.

They will probley cut them up and burn them too. Dam low lifes!

Sir,
It wouldn't hurt to make a police report for a few reasons. If the area is being hit by thieves, the patrol officers will be given the info and they can keep a closer eye on the area during the time periods the thefts are occurring, as well as watching for vehicles hauling/loading wood in that area. Also, if the guys are caught - you can be provided restitution when the case goes thru court. Finally, the total value of the stolen property can be added together to enhance the level of the theft - ie if they have taken a ton of wood worth a lot of money from throughout your community it could be a felony.

I'm sorry this happened to you and also sorry you've had negative experiences with law enforcement. Just like any profession there are bad eggs out there, unfortunately ours is rather high profile and the bad eggs reflect very poorly on the rest of us who do care and try to help our communities as best we can.

Steve

Yes i know, their are alot of good cops out their its just too bad that the ones around here are more worried about giveing J walking or speeding tickets, but i will file a report i just didnt feel like dealing with it today. Thanks for the concern though. I even have a few officers that are my friends so i am not really a cop hater or anything. Just running off at the mouth;)

Sorry about your loss. I know how you feel I have had 3 different Honda ATV stolen. Two in one night. File the police report to raise awareness and sure would make you feel good hearing of some one busted for steeling wood.

Sir,
It wouldn't hurt to make a police report for a few reasons. If the area is being hit by thieves, the patrol officers will be given the info and they can keep a closer eye on the area during the time periods the thefts are occurring, as well as watching for vehicles hauling/loading wood in that area. Also, if the guys are caught - you can be provided restitution when the case goes thru court. Finally, the total value of the stolen property can be added together to enhance the level of the theft - ie if they have taken a ton of wood worth a lot of money from throughout your community it could be a felony.

I'm sorry this happened to you and also sorry you've had negative experiences with law enforcement. Just like any profession there are bad eggs out there, unfortunately ours is rather high profile and the bad eggs reflect very poorly on the rest of us who do care and try to help our communities as best we can.

Steve

Welcome to AS. Always good to welcome someone from law enforcement to help keep us level headed in times like this.

Last edited:
That bites.

Sorry to hear.

Leave that dog outside, put up some beware of dog signs (for your own protection), and good luck with keeping those ******* away from your woodpile.

beware of dog signs dont always work... case in point... a local car dealer... had a a large part of their area fenced in where they kept parts and their shop area... they had 6+ foot fence... closed... locked.. beware of dog signs all over the place and a couple big nasty guard dogs... well some brilliant minded soul went past the chained off entrance.. passed the CLOSED signs... climbed the fence.. and got bit. he sued..... I think they ended up settling... but the dogs went away.

Our court systems are great, ya gota love that. I swear that their is not an ounce of common sense in the courts. it is unbelivable to me when i hear stuff like that.:confused:

Back