wood/bees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschoff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all how is everyone doing at there wood pile, mine is coming along just fine . I would have to say I have 8 cords and i was out today getting a white oak tree 27 in dia that went down in a storm last spring I get a trailer full and I am getting things together and a yellow jacket goes in my glove a stings me on the wrist man I hate them things.

Been fighting those buggers around a bunch of ash I'm working on right now too. This time of year, they are attracted to anything sweet smelling, and I guess the fresh cut ash is sweet to them! :eek2:

No bees so far.. I think our two frosty nights out here did them in.. I just have some standing dead, 30 of them to drop..

This has been the worst year for yellow jackets here. We can not even site on the front porch because of them. My wood pile is covered with them and bald faced hornets. hard to work around the wood in these conditions.:msp_angry:

Bald face hornets put the big hurt on me about 3 weeks ago, got hit about 2 or 3 times on the wrist and forearm before I knew what hit me. Going down in the twenty's tomorrow night and Wed night hopefully put and end to them and the mosquitoes.

Latest posts

Back