Wood Chipping Only

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treecutr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I don't wanna get long winded with this deal, but what do you guys charge for chipping only? Not removing chips, HO is has all brush in a central spot ( all from Apple tree prunning, ad some limb removal ) He's a repeat customer who has referred me to others, and I will have future work with him. Whats a fair per hour rate, never done just chipping. Figured someone here with a lot more time in the Biz will have done this before. Thanks

The problem you are going to run into wil be the ho brush piles are usualy just that.Everything thrown into a huge pile in no paticular order and that makes it a nightmare to disassemble.If he has the butt cuts all laying in the same direction you should have no problem..on the other hand if it is a "PILE" I would tell him to throw a box of matches in it.When I bid a nasty pile like that the ho usually takes that advice unless they are anal about burning.

The problem you are going to run into wil be the ho brush piles are usualy just that.Everything thrown into a huge pile in no paticular order and that makes it a nightmare to disassemble.If he has the butt cuts all laying in the same direction you should have no problem..on the other hand if it is a "PILE" I would tell him to throw a box of matches in it.When I bid a nasty pile like that the ho usually takes that advice unless they are anal about burning.

I didn't want to get to into it last night. He's a repeat customer, knows how to use a saw, and has all but facing out, as we like. It's nothing but branches, nothing else. He's going to burn some, but around here you need a permit for it, and even then they are uptight about what/when you can. Given that he's going to help with the brush, I figured it's going to be a little easier for me too.

I didn't want to get to into it last night. He's a repeat customer, knows how to use a saw, and has all but facing out, as we like. It's nothing but branches, nothing else. He's going to burn some, but around here you need a permit for it, and even then they are uptight about what/when you can. Given that he's going to help with the brush, I figured it's going to be a little easier for me too.

yes and hes making it go faster so it should cost more.look it it this way if you charge by the hour and by yourself it would take 1 hour with him it may take 1/2 hour need I tell you he will come out ahead on that deal.

Last edited:
I have always just charged my regular hourly rate. That is on easy piles. If they have sat there awhile and have weeds and crap growing into them I charge premium rates. If they have other debris other than wood in the piles I will usually decline.

$250.00 2 men pr hr tom trees

I was going to go with about that amount, slightly under $200-225. He's a repeat customer, and I will get plenty more work from him in future as well. He got me in with his nighbor who has the other part of the orchard, slightly more trees though, and she has about a dozen or so that are dead, and need to be removed,.

if you're happy with that,

I was going to go with about that amount, slightly under $200-225. He's a repeat customer, and I will get plenty more work from him in future as well. He got me in with his nighbor who has the other part of the orchard, slightly more trees though, and she has about a dozen or so that are dead, and need to be removed,.

go for it.

Like rarefish says in the next post,apple branches suck in a pile.they do not like to let go.

Back