Wood Chips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people I've talked to about chips feel that they will smother the fire , I've had my OWB going now for a couple months and I have been burning alot of bark left over in my wood hauling trailer and a huge pile from the splitting process , I just try to throw it on top after loading with regular wood or pallets and it burns fine , no sense wasting it !! Not sure if mean burning just chips , any kind of mesh is going to melt right off the bat as soon as you throw it in.

There is a reason why efficient chip burning systems are auger fed. A pre dryer is pretty common in most applications as well.

chips

in the spring summer and early fall if I have any available I burn them in my owb. need a good bed of coals. I have an empyre owb that has air tubes on the inside that literally injects air over the coals . yes they do burn but not good enough in the dead of the winter. Hope this answers your question

Back