Wood cutting with your dad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear about your dad passing, I can't even imagine it right now. Hurts to even think about it.

I at least had the good fortune to tell my dad I loved him the last time I saw him alive. Was the 2nd time I said this since maybe the age of 6 when saying such things was just part of the father-son relationship. Seemed weird at the time. Damn glad I did.

I at least had the good fortune to tell my dad I loved him the last time I saw him alive. Was the 2nd time I said this since maybe the age of 6 when saying such things was just part of the father-son relationship. Seemed weird at the time. Damn glad I did.

Ya, its true. I tell my kids I love them everyday.

Sorry guys, I know this is off topic.

Spend all the time you can with your dad while you can. Mine died pretty suddenly the other night. Still a pile of freshly split firewood in the backyard, and the grass is still nice under it.

Just a bit shaken up now

I lost my dad Nov23 and have many fond memories of cutting with him. Today I dragged out a two hour job into four with my son just to spend extra time together. I miss my fathers wisdom and companionship every day and wish I would have had more time with him

Hello Tim,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose someone like your Dad, but I am sure you will cherish the memories of the valuable time you spent together. Memories last forever - they just have to be passed on.

Sincerely,

Chris.

As with all above, my prayers and condolences are with your Mom, you and your family.

Never got to cut much wood with my pops. He was born in 1913 in Michigan and grew up around Sevierville, TN. (He called it Severeville)
He never owned a chiansaw. Any wood he cut was with a big handsaw. I remember both he and one of my uncles had hammers with a nail head on one end and an ax blade on the other that they used for carpentry work. Old school !

Again, may God comfort you and yours, and thanks for giving me pause to remember my own parents who have long passed. Tell him to say hey to my Dad if he sees him.

Tim

Well I get to say my final goodbye to dad today. On my birthday no less.... You guys are right, he would not want me fussing over him.

If you are reading this and you have not visited/called you dad lately, do it now while you still can. Tell him the 'doc told you to. It would warm my heart if a couple of guys called their dad out of the blue over this thread. Please hijack.

I know pm's are full. I'll work on it later. Replying from phone due to poor cell/internet.

"If you are reading this and you have not visited/called you dad lately, do it now while you still can. Tell him the 'doc told you to. It would warm my heart if a couple of guys called their dad out of the blue over this thread."

I wish I could Doc, I wish I could.

Well I get to say my final goodbye to dad today. On my birthday no less.... You guys are right, he would not want me fussing over him.

If you are reading this and you have not visited/called you dad lately, do it now while you still can. Tell him the 'doc told you to. It would warm my heart if a couple of guys called their dad out of the blue over this thread. Please hijack.

Excellent advice.

"If you are reading this and you have not visited/called you dad lately, do it now while you still can. Tell him the 'doc told you to. It would warm my heart if a couple of guys called their dad out of the blue over this thread."

I wish I could Doc, I wish I could.

Same here.

Saw Dr.

Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Father.

And Yes I will call my 86 year old Dad tonight for sure. We need to talk about the Detroit Tigers anyway,, HaHa!

I live almost 500 miles away from him, but will be spending the summer with him. He still cuts his own grass and feeds his wood furnace, but can't cut the 5-6 cords of firewood anymore. He gets his exercise going up and down the stairs to the furnace though. I cut his wood, and it is good for me!

Bob

It wasnt out of the blue, but I talked to my dad today. He is coming over Sunday to help me put a gear box back together on a tiller. Should be fun! Hope things are going as well as they can be.

Never got to cut wood with my dad, he died when i and he was very young, i do miss him every day. sorry about your dad. We are all blessed to have them as long as we do.

My Dad lives @ 150 miles away. We get together every couple of months. Sometimes too many months between.
He loves golf and suggested meeting 1/2 way to play this Sunday for the 1st time of this year.
The forecast is for 54 deg., showers, and wind. :bang:
I was leaning towards calling it off. Then I thought about this thread. There's only so many days.

I'm going.

Thanks for posting, Tim, and may peace be with you and yours.

Last edited:

Like many on here, I wish I could. As a dad I also wish that I had realized earlier how much influence we have on our own kids even when they think we are the dumbest things GOD ever created.

Doc, I am still lifting you and yours up in prayer. Ron

Back