Wood fairy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just look at all thoes tops! A scrounges dream, and easy to get at too. Less than 3 miles from the house.
All I can do is drool!
6a7e334126ad01c0438fbcc54aabd753.jpg

Thanks

Ouch! Well, that's the way it goes. I have a similar situation. Logging within 3 miles, lots of tops, and I think the gub'ment owns the land. Hispanics doing the work, and I don't know who the owner is.

Try the courthouse tax dept. They can tell who's paying taxes on the property. heck, if it is owned my the government just go cut. If anyone stops you tell'em its your Uncle Sam's land.

Thanks

Try the courthouse tax dept. They can tell who's paying taxes on the property. heck, if it is owned my the government just go cut. If anyone stops you tell'em its your Uncle Sam's land.

Thanks

Yep, that's how to find the taxpayer. I have used it often. They have to give you the info which will include the name/address and usually phone number. All you need is to be able to point out the location on a map.

Harry K

driving by today after taking the kids to school....Took another photo of this logging site. Just look at all that wood! Talk about a Scroungers Paradise! There are 5 of these huge oak logs laying around rite off the road. Guess they were too big for the mill or just not enough for a truck load. This log is 32" at the small end! What a waste! Even my stihl's are crying over this huge waste!

31498cfa3c7a5ec43ac54051b21a18d8.jpg

Thanks

Huge update for me! Finally talked to the actual owner. It's a local lawyer, and I went to highschool with him! He asked me to sign a hold harmless paper (guess if I get hurt its not his fault) and I pay $35 bucks for processing through his office and BAM! I officially have permission to cut what ever I want to! He said he had bought the land and hired a "third party" (who wouldn't let me cut) to oversee and manage the timber. It's getting replanted next year in southern yellow pine so I have a new spot to cut!

Thanks

Huge update for me! Finally talked to the actual owner. It's a local lawyer, and I went to highschool with him! He asked me to sign a hold harmless paper (guess if I get hurt its not his fault) and I pay $35 bucks for processing through his office and BAM! I officially have permission to cut what ever I want to! He said he had bought the land and hired a "third party" (who wouldn't let me cut) to oversee and manage the timber. It's getting replanted next year in southern yellow pine so I have a new spot to cut!

Thanks
woooooeeeeeee!!!! go like mad,,and bring it to a storage area, before some other human gets wind of it........

Thanks

You suck but congratulations!. Get to work on it and work fast before the thieves see you working and steal some.

Harry K

Did you try asking?

Yes - I left a note for the foreman to contact me, but he never did. I tried an online plat search which lists all the owners of the property around, and that one doesn't have a listing. They aren't there now whenever I drive by.

Yes - I left a note for the foreman to contact me, but he never did. I tried an online plat search which lists all the owners of the property around, and that one doesn't have a listing. They aren't there now whenever I drive by.

The tax people at the courthouse for sure will have the listing. Somebody is paying the taxes.

Harry K

Thanks

places like that i usually cut stuff 6' long and load out as quickly as i can. don't leave anything laying for later. someone else may clear it out.
:happybanana:

Trying like heck to get it together tomorrow to go cut a load. I really need to invest in a 16'-18' trailer! I want to take my tractor out there and skid up some limbs and roll those big logs around. A 32" bar would be nice too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Trying like heck to get it together tomorrow to go cut a load. I really need to invest in a 16'-18' trailer! I want to take my tractor out there and skid up some limbs and roll those big logs around. A 32" bar would be nice too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

32" bar on a MS441 rules!! Just got back an hour ago from cutting up a big log, Last cut the 32" didn't quite clear. In a few minutes I'm going to change the 32" for a 20" and fresh chain, Noodles will fly tomorrow!

Harry K

You are supposed to get a permit to collect tops from a state or federal sale. Nobody does so the wood rots away.

Although after the last cutting the locals near my hunting cabin were on the tops piles literally before the logger even hauled out his equipment. Once the snow came they never came back for what was left.

Thanks
COOL

Back