wood furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badger3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a wood furnace. It was made for sears by m.i.r. company from Beaver Falls wis. it says I believe 1980. The front door says add on furnace it is 40,000 btu. It does seem to be well made and has been taken care of very well. I am trying to find out some information on it and can not find any information at all. everry thing on sears says youkon furnaces. Has anyone ever heard of this company.
thank you

This would be my guess.

Hey Iowa...she's empty now.

Well Fyrebug...you make some good points ...We are sitting at the table with Mr Wood of the mighty EPA....yes we are very involved with what is happening as per the new source performance standard which by all accounts will resemble the Canadian B 415.
It is my hope that it mirrors it so that we can compete evenly and fairly without double standards which has been the case for years.
For example wood/gas furnace are and have been installed and operated safely here in the U.S. for near 4 decades yet CSA will not allow wood/gas to be vented in the same flu even though Underwritters Labs in Canada have tested it to be safe.

Looking back we did not need the EPA to force us to comply with building an efficient furnace...we opted for that decades ago.
Sears recognized that when they contracted us to build Yukon furnaces for them back in the late 70's and early 80's for 8 years.

|

Give a man some fish & he'll eat today...
Teach a man to fish & he'll feed himself forever.

Keith Nelson
Yukon Furnaces Sales and Service
Wood Furnace Company, Wood Furnaces, Efficient wood burning furnace
800-358-0060
Forum
Yukon-Eagle • Index page

Latest posts

Back