Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice truck redwood logger.
:agree2: :cheers:

have not been around for a while, and wow, some really cool haulers around here.

here is another shot of the wife's she brought home another 'little' load, might be a tad bit tongue heavy...
think she needs bagged or I need my new truck sooner. oh and a bigger saw:jawdrop:

don't even want to guess how much that little one on top weighs.. :dizzy:

DSC05857s.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my wheelhorse and trailer that I use if i have to haul wood from the pole shed to the woodshed. Loaded full it is alot of weight, all it can do to pull it up out of the shed.
NICE WH.

got a couple of those my self.
work horses for sure

DSC04418small.jpg

loaded down.

DSC04332small.jpg

i got a pic of it skiding a couple logs, but can't find it :(

My White 2-60 (63hp). The bucket is big enough to carry firewood stacked two rows deep and I built a set of forks for it for moving the logs around for my mill. This winter I hope to build a grapple attachment on the forks like Sawyer Rob has on his.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks, I got to feelin sorry for my nissan so i got something bigger!

Yeah, that's a good idea on the upgrade. I love Dodge diesels, they are by far one of my greatest interests. I even worked as a Dodge tech for a while until a back injury put me out of commission.

This is my new project truck I bought this month, a 2001.5 with the cummins, it has the 6 speed handshaker and rear discs, but I can still rebuild or replace everything in it without needing a Starscan.
attachment.php

Got no pics but we all know what an F250 and an 18ft flat deck trailer looks like but I'll share my wood hauler lesson just the same .
I've got a good winch and trailer hitch up front so I hook up and winch them on , I'm loading on some 20" 8ft yellow birch logs for milling, had to reposition and rewinch (I did a nice clean winch install with all wiring hidden and under the hood and grill) , pinched the winch remote by accident , started to winch up and smoke, lots of smoke rolling out from under the hood and grill ,luckily only burnt up winch harness and not the truck (a PTO winch setup is looking sooooooo much better ).
The lesson is don't hide wiring because short of an extra hour for dis-assembly and hoping you can patch it up (or worse ...a lot more smoke and look for a new truck to patch up) ratcheting them by hand is no fun but I got it done .
No pictures of the smoke because I was busy going for my jug of water and my bottle of pop (FIRE EXTINGUISHER is the other lesson !!!).

:cheers:

I haul wood many different ways, but mostly with my garden tractors. A few pics from this past weekend

IMGP0230-1.jpg

IMGP0223-1.jpg

and one from this past spring

IMGP15141.jpg

last fall
IMGP06551.jpg

IMGP02771.jpg

Latest posts

Back