Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are double locker pretty common out there? I used to work as a grease monkey in a Kenworth dealership doing mostly transmissions and rears and we hardly ever saw double lockers except for on a few dump trucks and cement mixers.

They're pretty common. We get into some steep ground and they really pay off. The only bad part is that you can't get around a sharp switchback with everything locked in. The drivers get really good at quickly engaging and disengaging the lockers. You don't want to use them at highway speeds either...makes more work for guys like you.

215713-wood-cutting-007-jpg

that round in the front of that stepside single cab chevy is just waiting for an abrupt stop or bump in the road to smash that back window out.

think i posted this somewhere else here, one of 4 loads that came out of a small job we did around thanksgiving.
attachment.php

Here are some shots of my wood-hauler. The second shot shows some field modifications I made yesterday to my SUV and the last two pictures show my broken three point hitch after trying to load a four foot oak round following years of abuse. Cost of free firewood really shot up for me. Ron

attachment.php

Nice trailer, looks pretty new did u just get it? Is it a 14' channel frame?

Here are some shots of my wood-hauler. The second shot shows some field modifications I made yesterday to my SUV and the last two pictures show my broken three point hitch after trying to load a four foot oak round following years of abuse. Cost of free firewood really shot up for me. Ron

attachment.php

Shoot, that door's not THAT bad. I hardly ever roll the passenger side window down in my truck. Stuff like that just makes a vehicle easier to park in a lot. Door dings? Pffft. Go ahead, make my day. :smile2:

Hey I had a toy cruiser just like that except mine had a 4 inch old man emu lift kit, arb bull bar with piaa lights, oh and was maroon. The downside was at 11mpg, my one ton crew cab did twice the mileage and could haul more so I sold the gas guzzler. Nice trailer

Barge Box works great

View attachment 217686View attachment 217687

Today was the first try with our new barge box. It is 7x12 with 4'steel sides. It was in pretty good shape when we got it, not much to do to it. Paid $1400 for it and it was worth every penny. We are cutting all the oak crowns on the back part of our woods left over from logging in 2009. It was nice to just be able to drive back there and have at it with out having to drive rounds back up to the shop all the time. We just started our firewood operation this year and this piece of equipment will really increase our efficiency.

Tom

View attachment 217686View attachment 217687

Today was the first try with our new barge box. It is 7x12 with 4'steel sides. It was in pretty good shape when we got it, not much to do to it. Paid $1400 for it and it was worth every penny. We are cutting all the oak crowns on the back part of our woods left over from logging in 2009. It was nice to just be able to drive back there and have at it with out having to drive rounds back up to the shop all the time. We just started our firewood operation this year and this piece of equipment will really increase our efficiency.

Tom

Thats a neat looking wagon. The 3020 looks pretty good too.

I updated/upgraded my wood hauler this past fall...had a really good summer with alot of work...:msp_biggrin:
The old Dakota made it to 200,000 miles original engine, original tranny, no major repairs, its actually still going strong!

But the 06 2500HD Hemi is really awesome. Most loads dont even feel like they are back there...this is a small load at the end of the day.

jpg.gif

View attachment 217721

Last edited:
But the 06 2500HD Hemi is really awesome. Most loads dont even feel like they are back there...this is a small load at the end of the day.

jpg.gif

View attachment 217721

Forgot to mention I found this truck online and it happened to be at a local dealer...So i went and made an offer...took them a day but they finally accepted...

Had 38,000 miles on it...

Actually it was the EXACT truck I was looking for. I had hoped for Black but for the price I decided I could like Silver...lol

I think I may have posted pics of my newest hauler back when I bought it, but a year or better it finally runs and drives. I've got a bunch of small loose ends to tie up on it, but it's ready to clear the driveway if it ever snows, and I'll have a load of wood on the back tomorrow.

'91 K2500, 350, just rebuilt 4L80E, ex municipal truck with 77,000 miles on it. Still on the needs list are some lights are burnt out, needs a better headache rack, 1 tire with a slow leak, etc.

Just what a truck needs, heater, radio, vinyl seats, and rubber floor mats:

attachment.php

It's Ruby approved! She doesn't get in the car, but if either truck is going somewhere, she'd better be in it. Dogs Love Trucks!

attachment.php

White door might get a shot of gloss black rattle can, not sure yet.

attachment.php

I've got a guy lined up to sandblast and paint the plow, just as soon as that elusive "extra cash" shows up:

attachment.php

I'll feel a little better with a box full of green oak with a bigger axle under me (and heavier plates on it), and with the brake controller and class V hitch, I might just need a suitable wood trailer to tow behind it.

Latest posts

Back