Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just what a truck needs, heater, radio, vinyl seats, and rubber floor mats:

attachment.php

QUOTE]

:msp_smile: Thats my kinda truck!

I can’t help but also notice the manual crank windows, steel wheels, mechanical speedometer, plain-Jane steering wheel with center horn button, steel bumpers, manual-adjust full-bench seat, one-piece back glass, non-remote mirrors, non-tint windows, zero body moldings with plain-Jane badges, and … … … jumper cables. No doubt about it… she’s a no-frills “fleet” order for sure. Where’s the fire extinguisher and six-pack cooler? Looks like it has an auto transmission, speed control and maybe an FM radio though?

It used to be that all pickup trucks were built like that… they were designed for real men, doing real men’s work. The pickup truck was forever ruined when women and suburban yuppie cowboy wanna-be’s started driving them. A rubber floor and vinyl seat used to be the standard equipment; now-a-days it’s an option and costs extra.

Nice dog and nice truck. The only thing that it needs now is a bed full of wood with a couple of chainsaws tucked in there. :msp_thumbup:

I think I may have posted pics of my newest hauler back when I bought it, but a year or better it finally runs and drives. I've got a bunch of small loose ends to tie up on it, but it's ready to clear the driveway if it ever snows, and I'll have a load of wood on the back tomorrow.

'91 K2500, 350, just rebuilt 4L80E, ex municipal truck with 77,000 miles on it. Still on the needs list are some lights are burnt out, needs a better headache rack, 1 tire with a slow leak, etc.

attachment.php

I'll feel a little better with a box full of green oak with a bigger axle under me (and heavier plates on it), and with the brake controller and class V hitch, I might just need a suitable wood trailer to tow behind it.

I've got the same truck except a 95 with a 454 and straight drive. Our area is littered with these trucks because they're one heck of a dependable work truck. Mine is worn out with over 208K on it but she just keeps on clicking along, just not as fast anymore. It really ticks me off to no end that the "yuppie cowboy wanna be's" have driven the price of trucks out of reach of the common working man just because they think that they've got to have a diesel dually to take the kids to school and get groceries in.

I can’t help but also notice the manual crank windows, steel wheels, mechanical speedometer, plain-Jane steering wheel with center horn button, steel bumpers, manual-adjust full-bench seat, one-piece back glass, non-remote mirrors, non-tint windows, zero body moldings with plain-Jane badges, and … … … jumper cables. No doubt about it… she’s a no-frills “fleet” order for sure. Where’s the fire extinguisher and six-pack cooler? Looks like it has an auto transmission, speed control and maybe an FM radio though?

It used to be that all pickup trucks were built like that… they were designed for real men, doing real men’s work. The pickup truck was forever ruined when women and suburban yuppie cowboy wanna-be’s started driving them. A rubber floor and vinyl seat used to be the standard equipment; now-a-days it’s an option and costs extra.

I like plain. My 88 has all the bells and whistles, most of which no longer ding or whistle.

No cruise on this one, just delay wipers you're seeing. I'd prefer a manual, but it was one of those deals, I was looking for a plow for the old truck, and came across this one with plow for less than most half decent plows were going for. It does have an aftermarket 2-knob AM/FM/Cassette in it. I think I've still got a box full of Waylon, Alabama, and Sawyer Brown tapes somewhere to keep me company. If this one had a solid front axle with lockouts and wing windows, it'd be even better.

Fire ext and first aid kit are on the list. Who needs a 6 pack cooler this time of year? It's in the basement just in case though.

Tomorrow I'll be back with a loaded picture. I plan on getting a couple loads, so there should be a side by side shot of both the black beasts with a load on em.

White door might get a shot of gloss black rattle can, not sure yet.

attachment.php

I'd leave the white door as-is.

Then put a rotating light or two on the roof, siren, maybe an emblem on the door. You can then pull up to unsuspecting wood scroungers, zap 'em with the lights, flash a plastic badge and say, "Firewood Police. Sir, I'm afraid I'll have to confiscate this load...."

I promised a loaded pic, here's both my trucks full of elm:

219111d1327280685-imag0702-medium-jpg

That $$%% bed liner is coming out as soon as the box is empty. I lost my tailgate stack on the way back from the woods, it just slid right out on that slippery SOB. I'll get some of that cheap spray in liner in a can and redneck reline it. When I put something in the box, I want it to stay there.

I forgot how big a pain in the azz it is to load without a suitable guard on the back window. I still managed to tap the window with a round today, and had flashbacks! I'm gonna cut some plywood for now, and make some brackets to hang it on the light bar. Maybe if the other truck goes down the road, I'll swap that rack on this one, otherwise some upgrades with the welder to this one will do.

The only other problem is a minor one. That 8 1/2' plow hanging out the front makes getting around in the woods harder, but it ain't coming off till April, so I'll deal with it.

I'm looking forward to getting this thing finished up and on the road.

That $$%% bed liner is coming out as soon as the box is empty. I lost my tailgate stack on the way back from the woods, it just slid right out on that slippery SOB.

One of the most hilarious things I've ever seen was at an intersection in Worcester one day on my way in to work.

This intersection is a busy one, with no turn arrow. Folks going left are notorious for punching it to sneak across on-coming traffic soon as the light turns green.

I'm a few cars back and in the right lane, there's no one in the left lane except a pickup with a load of plywood -- as high as the sides of the bed. So I had a great view.

Light turns green.

They punch it as expected.

And like a scene out of Looney Tunes, the load of plywood doesn't move one inch. I swear to God it hung in the air for a moment just like Wile E. Coyote before landing in a still perfect stack on the pavement.

The look on their faces were priceless as they stopped on the street they just turned onto to look back at their load of plywood :D

i have one of those plastic liner an they STUCK! im about to buy a flat bed so i wont have to worry about it.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

That Sterff is a load....:rock:

Haha yeah. That trailer is 7K GVW and Im looking for a 14K trailer. It was overloaded in those pictures :msp_biggrin: In the last picture I went to leave and the trailer deck was sitting on the tires. I had to unload some wood. I was only going 3 or 4 miles though.

Haha yeah. That trailer is 7K GVW and Im looking for a 14K trailer. It was overloaded in those pictures :msp_biggrin: In the last picture I went to leave and the trailer deck was sitting on the tires. I had to unload some wood. I was only going 3 or 4 miles though.

If you don't mind, what did that trailer cost you without the sides? We have been hauling logs lately and a flatbed would make it easier to load and unload, I would like a little heavier rated trailer and maybe a little longer.

If you don't mind, what did that trailer cost you without the sides? We have been hauling logs lately and a flatbed would make it easier to load and unload, I would like a little heavier rated trailer and maybe a little longer.

It cost me $3000 out the door but, I should have bought at least a 10K to begin with. My next trailer will be at least a 20' to help reduce tongue weight. The nice thing about hauling logs is, I can remove the sides and roll the logs off with a digging iron. I have about $200 in lumber and screws for the sides.

Use this small balanced trailer (¾ ton) to pull loads from the woods around my house. Pull it to the drive way with the small tractor, then I switch to my truck for delivery. This small operation has been basically paying for my equipment and thats about it for the past 20 years. No problem though, works for me:

P1040928.JPG

My brother ans I's trucks

DSCF2875.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

This is my 1965 F-600 Marmon Herrington 4x4. The center winch is getting removed. My uncle found me a knuckle boom so its going there.

Here is my 96 F350. I pull a 18' deckover that will hold 4 cords with the side racks on.

DSCF0394.jpg

Here is my brothers, its a 56 f-250. It started as a 2wd with a 12' bed. Now its on a F-600 frame and axles. The center winch is a 1934 braden 25000 lb.

NewImage.jpg

633acac8.jpg

Back