Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the bed dimensions?

Thanks!

Yep, a GL acquisition. Depending on your location/luck, you can get one for as little as $250. The thing needed nothing - full tread tires, fresh grease oozing from the bearings, fully functional everything, etc. W/ the surge brakes, it tows like its not even there. I highly reccomend one for all your hauling needs!

I'm using a solid-shanked 14 hole pintle hitch assembly w/ a reinforced back plate I got from etrailer. Working very well.

I haul it w/ my modded Isuzu Uber-Trooper (202k miles and still hauling strong).

photo-72.jpg

Visited Dad today. At 83 he still heats his house with wood in the winter and prefers locust from the thickets on the old homestead farm. Somewhere along the line he inherited an old Plymouth Powerwagon or some such hemi powered, highly altered vehicle. Latest alteration, a stool on a rope he can use to get in and out. He climbs in, pulls up the stool, and is ready to throw it out when he gets to his next cutting site.

mudder1.JPG

Most of the truck is seriously suffering from rust corrosion, but the floor of the back has been reinforced with an diamond plate. Doesn't hold as much as some of the big rigs shown on this thread, but Dad only cuts a tank of gas at a time, then rests for a while. Here is his collection of some real old equipment that ride in the back:

mudder2.JPG

And here he is resting after bucking this old locust tree he had pulled out of the thicket with his mudder. I helped load this load to haul back to the lean-to where the splitter and the next two years of firewood already is stacked:

locust.JPG

Somewhere along the line he inherited an old Plymouth Powerwagon or some such hemi powered, highly altered vehicle.

It appears to be a late 70's Powerwagon/Ramcharger. It also has a fully removable top (from windshield back) and a factory roll bar. Does that one have 2 wheel drive LOW? I had one that was a military version (bought from conservation dept) that was a 440 with 2 hi/4hi - 2 low/4 low. Darndest transfer case I ever saw. It would easily run 40 mph in low gear (top out around 50). My understanding was that they were mil-spec'd to pull big guns.

Cool for sure and tough as heck in the swamp.

What are the bed dimensions?

M-101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton Specifications
Length, overall 147 inches
Length, cargo box 76 inches
Width, overall 73.5 inches
Width, cargo box 65.5 inches
Height 35 inches
Height w/cover 83 inches
Ground clearance 14 inches
Weight 1,340 lbs
Capacity 1,500 lbs (M101A3: 2,000 lbs)
Note: Dimenstions are for the M101A2 variant.

Ron

here's my craftsman gt-18 (three speed with a high/low) hauling half a load on my m416 trailer. the gt-18 also hauls a full load , up my pretty steep driveway, without much problem:

2012-02-19122751.jpg

2012-02-19122802.jpg

Back