Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
This was gonna be my wood hauler.

Sold my Dodge, and trying to sell my dirtbike. Well wouldnt you know it, somebody bought it out from under me :(

But, somehow, I still get to drive it, and I didnt have to pay for it? Confusing huh? Hahah, Dad decided he liked it better... :D

Specs:
95 F350 4x4 7.3Turbo, auto trans. 117K miles.

I was gonna like the picture, but I think that gives off the wrong impression... That stinks big time. I know I am prone to bad luck occasionally, but dang!

Zach that looks like it will haul a good load of wood. Should have a bit more power than the other trucks you got.

I've already posted up my main wood hauler my f-350 but in the spirit of old school IH pride here is my 1947 International KB-7 I'm in the process of restoring. Had a large metal frame dump with wooden sides but the PO cut it off because it was rusted beyond use, Going to put a metal box on it and start trucking chordwood!

kb72.jpg

That is a cool looking old international. That front brush guard on there looks real cool. What all are you planning to do to it? It would look good with some new paint, or it would look good with a pile of wood on the back of it. Keep us posted on your progress with it.

I'm just going to restore it then drive it around on sundays or something probably haul wood for myself with it as well once I get the dump box on there, Its getting a fresh new shiny coat of international red as soon as I get around to it

thanks

Here is a picture of my woodhauler, Not loaded up with wood at the time though. We drive it right down the trail to where we are cutting.View attachment 241460

Its a nice truck, got a lot of money invested in it :)

Another Yota!
not hauling wood here...Rubicon trail, Soup Bowl :D
attachment.php

campfires on our trips are big...I always bring the 66 :D
attachment.php

Newest addition to the wood hauler

Since I bought this truck new in 95, I've only NEEDED a winch 4 or 5 times but I got it stuck a couple of weeks ago with 425 gallons of water in the bed, made for a long interesting day. I've had the winch laying in the shop floor for 3 or 4 years so I finally built a bumper last week to get it all together. Now that there's a winch up front, maybe it'll never get used.

PICT0172.jpg

PICT0173.jpg

PICT0174.jpg

A winch is extremely handy, make sure you have a tree saver strap so you dont hook the cable around something and back on to itself, (hard on the cable), also you should have a snatch block. They not only double the pulling power of you winch but you can use them a lot of different ways. I have winches on a few of my vehicles and would like to have more of them. Nice job on the bumper.

I've never used one of those but I do have one of the HF truck bed hoists in the corner of the bed on my dump trailer with a 2500lb electric winch on it. Couldn't live without it.

Nice, any picts of it?

I got a TruckCraft dump insert in my pu so no room for a bolt down unit so am considering this when I can't get my real crane or dingo in to a spot. Pretty cheap and decent capacity for a nice size log and back saver.

My "going thru the woods" hauler is 1991 S-10 that was my daily driver for many years.

My "going to the woods" setup is a 1999 F-350 7.3L 6 speed 4wd with a tri-ax gooseneck. Along for the ride is my father in law and his New Holland skid steer. The last load was a good trip to the sawmill.

Jeff

Holy crap! Do you "get outta the woods" with that rig too?? :dizzy:

247237d1344012513-s10_woodhauler-jpg

Yeah but I drive really slow. This picture is in the woods behind my FIL's place only about 1/2 mile from the house. Not all the loads are that big but I took that picture to show the guys at the shop what I've been doing this summer. The old girl doesn't go into park but the 4wd works well. 245k on original engine and auto trans. (MIL bought it new).

Jeff

Back