Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've owned 4 different brands of trucks and they were all Junk!

Here's the current "wood hauler";

IMG_101-67.jpg

I've owned 4 different brands of trucks and they were all Junk!

Here's the current "wood hauler";

IMG_101-67.jpg

They are all pretty good, but when it comes to heavy loads and weight recent dodges, fords, and chevy's are hard to beat, late model chevy's and dodges frame wise aren't built like the fords.
Duramax woes, Dodge deathwable, and Ford's 6.0/6.4 egt crap.

That's why I went overbuilt reliability. F450 with 7.3 :)

Of course it did its a Dodge.

I've only ever owned Dodge trucks and I'd push, pull, or drag anything else before I'd ever own any GM truck. IFS doesn't belong underneath a 4wd truck. I wouldn't drive a GM product even if you gave it to my free of charge. It's bad enough that our work truck is a Chevy and I have to drive it around the mill. Catch my drift, I don't like GM?

Anywho, I tell people I bought a Cummins, and the Dodge came with it. :msp_sneaky: People say it rides like a log truck and I just laugh and tell them it is a log truck. :D When folks hear me coming they expect to see a semi and their heads really turn when they see a 3/4 truck coming :laugh:

IMG_6403.jpg

1980 F250

It has a hydraulic dump and a custom bed that holds exactly a half cord without the side boards. We've got a growing family and can't fit everyone in this truck any more so I picked up a 1999 F350 crew cab recently. Plans are to pull the bed and hydraulics off this one and move it over to the new truck. Gonna miss this one. Been a great truck, done a lot of work with it.

It takes it all and keeps on tickin! It only goes about 1/4 mile from my woods to the house. If I could get more on there I would. It usually takes me 4 loads to make a cord.

Kyle

Here is my 89 toy! Goes everywhere hauls wood from the deep forest. X27 helps chop up :D

View attachment 261746

Those are some of the toughest trucks I've ever seen. Knew a farmer who would get them at auction and run them around the farm and woods. He rolled em down the side of the mountain, flipped em back up and kept on going. Beat the livin" piss out of em and they seldom complained. Never saw him get it stuck. If you saw the truck, you would have thought it drove through a war zone road block.

Had to trim up some trees along the lower yard this past weekend:

2012-11-24_small.jpg

Going to have to put the chains and plow on Mickey pretty soon. It's not an easy switch, as one side of the mower deck is held up by wire ties. :)

2012-11-24_small.jpg

Going to have to put the chains and plow on Mickey pretty soon. It's not an easy switch, as one side of the mower deck is held up by wire ties. :)

I'd be worried that the weight and leverage applied by that muffler would cause a break at the manifold

Here's the latest purchase with a load. The terrain here is terrible, it's hard to get anything bigger down in the woods. I can use the tractor on some stuff, but the gator really opened up a ton of down trees for me. I may build a small trailer for it to add some capacity someday.

IMAG1064.jpg

attachment.php

17 years and nary a whimper, here she is with 2 ton of River Rock.

Used to get pretty peculiar looks from folks at the boat ramp.

Stick her in granny and basically idle a 20 footer up the steep ramps at the Resevoir.

lol, all you need is a rain cap on that bad boy.

Look closely -- it does, and it warms my soul when I'm idled down and the cap is clapping away :D I have a hard enough time remembering to fold the seat forward when it's not in the garage, never mind trying to remember to put a tin can over the muffler.

2012-11-24_small.jpg

I'd be worried that the weight and leverage applied by that muffler would cause a break at the manifold

I'ld be worried that that muffler would throw of the sideways balance! :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back