Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it to make a statement to the gang-bangers should I find myself in the "Big City",,we wouldn't want them mistaking me for a Volvo driving metrosexual, now would we?? :monkey:

If you don't want to be mistaken for a metrosexual then loose the Chevy grille! :msp_razz:

why do you want your dodge to be a chevy?

I did it to improve the performance!! Since installing the Chevy grill on the Dodge the improvements in pulling power, and ride quality, is amazing!! Heck, even the stereo sounds better! :hmm3grin2orange:

All kidding aside, the neighbor boys zip tied that on there one nite as a joke, last fall, and it just seems to fit!? You like?

picked up this little diesel 4x4 john deere 655 a month ago. Had to move some rounds the other day and was very bored. So i did this to a pallet.:hmm3grin2orange:

Here is my 14x7 dump trailer - I can fit 3 cords in it but have to go real slow - 2.5 cords is about perfect for my diesel excursion. There are four things I wish I would have purchased years ago - 1) 68HP JD with pallet forks 2) 20x12x8 wood shed (fixing to build 40x12x8 next to it) 3) dump trailer 4) tw5 splitter

I have all 4 now and it makes my processing soooooo much easier - two good weekend with the kids helping and I'm done for the year

New to me trailer. Will have to do the math to see how much wood it will hold and still have my splitter in the back. Figure fill the truck bed, The trailer 3/4 and my splitter at the back. May be able to get 2 to 2 1/2 chords in there. Hopefully truck can haul it. Old Burts pretty old.

Finally took the new wood hauler out

So I bought this truck last November. It needed an engine amongst other things. I have been driving it, hauling a bit here and there, and generally shaking it down.This is the first time I've had a load in it worthy of the suspension this truck has.

Half this load would have had the old '95 F150. (300I6 5spd) down on the bump stops. The Super Duty isn't even all the way on the helpers in this pic. The 5.4l isn't a power house but it runs the same empty or loaded like this.

Large disc brakes all around and E range tires make me feel better about (over) loading this truck. I think it can legally handle 3000# in the bed and over 10k on a trailer.

attachment.php

Just picked up a '90 Ford F350 flatbed. Dually 351 with a 5 speed to use to haul my wood. 72,000 original miles, working AC all for $450 pics to come

Here is my temporary wood hauler. Clutch went out of my junker truck so the dually is filling in for this year. Gonna have to do something different next year though. This thing is WAYYYYYyyyy..... too wide to be running around in the doods. Not to mention I dont need any scratches on the camper hauler.

woolhaul_zpsf74f11b7.jpg

how far do you deliver it behind your ATV? haha

From the woods behind my house, I can wind to about 12-15 homes without crossing a road. Not all use firewood. But, it turns out this load was headed about 20 miles away to my son's place, so I pull it to the driveway with the ATV, then with the load balanced, I just switch to my truck. Move enough of the wood from the rear to the front so I get a decent tongue weight, and deliver. I priced my delivered wood out of contention on purpose. I don't enjoy trucking it, unloading it, stacking it again. Takes to much time from what I do enjoy. Turns out my son doesn't pay for the wood, the delivery, or the lunch we ate after we stacked it.

Back