Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my wood hauler/ gas sucker..

l4as.jpg

Trailer has a little over a cord of elm. It is 14' by 6' with 18 inch sides. I could round the load up but I got to replace the bolts and bushings in the suspension first. I added the hitch for the splitter. I haul it in the trailer to the woods then pull it back.

first load on this trailer last year, after this one, stacked another row on top. dodge was laying hard on the bumpstops. got airbags for this years loads.

Attachments

• 1227121457a.jpg
    1227121457a.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 1227121459a.jpg
    1227121459a.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 96
I've been trying to sell my truck and buy one of these for awhile..

I bought my truck for the sole purpose of hauling wood and heavy stuff. It sits most of the year because honestly it's not very feasible to drive daily with a 6-spd manual and the fact that it rides like crap. But when I hook a load to it, I am reminded as to why I bought such a heavy duty pickup. :)

Nice! I think the 01.5 trucks (mine falls into that "year") were the first available with the 8800# GVWR rating which included factory overload leafpacks and a Dana 80HD rear end with rear disc brakes. I know the original owner and he always said this truck could handle loads better than their 1-ton Chevy pickups.

mine has the dana 80 and is 8800 gvw too. I have a few of these. Other is a 96 ext shortbed I built out of two trucks. All SRW diesels from 94-02 are 8800 GVWR as far as I know. Springs on this truck are TIRED. sits on the overload empty. As far as I know the only change from 94 to 02 was the 24 valve, rear disks, and 6 speed instead of 5. Btw I'm on cummins forum too. cant beat the trucks, however, rust is a major issue, the truck in the pics is slated for frame repair and a body swap/restoration this winter

Back